IMO, instead of releasing this stop gap handset, Nokia should have kept the design of the n97, fixed the keyboard maybe, and instead put all their time and effort into the OS and Ovi store. They should also have sent a quick email to Symbian head office to let them know we have actually left the 90s, thanks, it's 2010.

The Following User Says Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post:
Well, i think if those specs are right and they price it right, they have a killer phone.

It's beyond me what these supossed analysts think. My parents, my girlfriend, most of my friends buy a phone for its brand, looks, camera... majority of people don't really know what android is, or maemo, etc

Originally Posted by kojacker View Post
IMO, instead of releasing this stop gap handset, Nokia should have kept the design of the n97, fixed the keyboard maybe, and instead put all their time and effort into the OS and Ovi store. They should also have sent a quick email to Symbian head office to let them know we have actually left the 90s, thanks, it's 2010.
While N97 sold nicely i think it hurt them more than the profits they got. Actually Nokias high ranking executive openly admitted that while N97 sold it was result of far to streched hardware architecture and failiure for Nokia's image(and i agree). I wouldn't really show anything N97 related at this point. N97 mini is enough already.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBah2...layer_embedded

They got nothing else than stopgap products still the full on Qt love OS that actually are worth to develope example new OVI maps based on Qt and so on.

Still looks to be great device to sit next to my N900. I have been looking for music player + camera phone and N8 being 12.9mm at the thickest part and by Eldars words already got best camera it looks like a phone for me. That said it better be out in July.

Last edited by tissot; 2010-04-26 at 17:06.

Originally Posted by jnwi View Post
Are we looking at the same pictures? It has plenty of seams, disregarding our differing opinion of the material.
I thought the new iPhone had seams too...

Vínculos interesantes si nos visitas por primera vez (en inglés): New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Si te puedo ayudar con cualquier otra cosa, sólo dilo!

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by mrojas View Post
I thought the new iPhone had seams too...
It does... not quite sure I like them there either.

But this... just seems like the bastard child of a Sidekick (tapered top and bottom) and a standard fare Nokia phone. I don't quite like it.

It's missing something.

Posts: 15 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ City of Angeles
Originally Posted by Hintry View Post
Got some info on unreleased Nokia "Vasco" from someone who has a test unit.

- New Symbian OS
- 12 mega pixel flash camera
- 4 day battery life
- Non removable battery
- Capacitive touch screen
- Multitouch with pinch to zoom gesture available
- Almost as responsive as the iPhone.
- HD video recording
- HDMI port out.
- 600mhz cortex processor
- Dual charging
- USB slave and master mode (for attaching external drives)

So you have a external HD, divx player, HDMI out ...with DVB-H receiver, certainly very intriguing...
600mhz? really nokia?! I think they can do better than this. Hopefully by launch time it will be sitting on a 1ghz at least

Posts: 15 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Finland
I think it looks like it was made in the 80's... in a wierdly good way

Personally getting a bit tired with all these flashy, shiny phone designs with black plastic and chrome.

The Following User Says Thank You to parasight For This Useful Post:
Posts: 126 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Italy
I read a bunch of wonderful spec list. like 1200mha battery lasting 4 days... wow I must admit that is really incredible.
And more incredible is a 600 mhz cpu managing all this...
Anyway the phone and the look of the UI is, at the moment, not very appealing... as many other users already said.

An other key aspect of today smartphone market is the number of availble app. Apple rules here and Android follow at some distance... This is much more important than the number of camera mega pixel for many users... Jumping from an Os to an other one every 2 years make impossible to create a big ovi store. Infact you finish porting all the apps when it's time to start all over again.. We n900 early adopter didn't have ovi at all...

Posts: 126 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Italy
and don't you think that if NOKIA would have use ALL of its tremendous RD and marketing power for the n900 now we would be waiting for PR 2.1 instead of struggeling with HUGE bugs and a 1.2 version still in testing...

Here's an old spec-sheet from November 2009.
Attached Images