I also had my GPS stuck on searching, changed back to supl.nokia.com and it works. Something changed in the Google location server perhaps?

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
%$##$ you guys, does this look like the official google support forum? supl.google.com ports 7275 and 7276 are still open, did anyone think to check that? nooooooooo

the gps on the n900 is pretty useless anyways android gps omg love it free driving and turn by turn direction public transit option give you the schedules and bus you need to catch to get to where your going and and bike routes and walking directions the n900 gps software may suck but its good at multitasking and other things

Had to change back to supl.nokia.com as well in Chicago using T-Mobile USA.

I also have GPS problems with supl.google.com in Boston using T-Mobile USA. Now Google server sometimes works and sometimes don't. It looks Google are rebuilding their T-Mobile USA site maps, as my Sony-Ericsson C510A (with no GPS) cannot locate itself at all on T-Mobile USA. Hopefully this will be fixed soon.

guys i am having this problem, it just happend recently
i was on supl.google.com but when i changed it to supl.nokia.com,
it seems to work!!

Thanks, but... supl.google.com no longer does anything on my N900. The supple.nokia.com option only provides a rough location, perhaps a 1/4 to 1/2 mile away.

Can anybody help with this? Suppl.google.com used to work, but not for at last the past several weeks.

Originally Posted by robertran88 View Post
guys i am having this problem, it just happend recently
i was on supl.google.com but when i changed it to supl.nokia.com,
it seems to work!!

Neither supl.nokia.com nor supl.google.com works for me here.

My FM transmitter is not sending any signal -- not even silence. Whoever suspected loose connections in the board might be right -- I take this device with me cycling and stuff (for 40 miles / 64 km) every week. I am on paved road, but the vibration is not to be underestimated.

My point? Vibration KILLS electronics!

Wow, I thought it was just me. Last week I went on a trip and GPS went fubar. Now that I read this thread I changed supl.google.com back to supl.nokia.com and it seems to be working now.

Try this to get a GPS lock (not AGPS):

Disable Cellular Network on the Phone, and then try to get the lock.
With cellular on, my phone takes forever to lock the GPS, but with it disabled, it takes a minute.