Closed Thread
Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Code:
gconftool-2 -s /apps/osso/hildon-desktop/ui_can_rotate -t bool false
Will be part of the status menu plugin later on.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
I've just seen the media player replacement, thanks to MAG and everyone else working on that; and more generally to those working on the CSSU -- its what we all want and need -- thank you!

Originally Posted by jamie721 View Post
ok latest information before if i went into xterm and ran the widget it would create the widget fullscreen in an invisible stacked window. now since the latest update it seg faults when trying to run it.

has anything changed that could cause these affects?

some info i didnt state in first post. The widget was working fine on my desktop before the update. updated with the cssu update and when it restarted the widget no longer shows?

By the way i am the developer of the widget this is why i am so interested i do not mind if i have to make futher changes to my application to get it working but i think some other apps may experiance problems with the same issue. what ever it is.
MAG sorry to bother you but any input?

Edit: seems to be a bug in the quote and reply as well as it didnt quote my edits to my last post check up for the full post details.

Posts: 223 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Lebanon- Beirut
Thank you guys for everything and keep up the amazing work

I have one problem which I don't know if it was caused by CSSU or not. The problem is that the volume in phone calls can only be max or muted, no middle range. Does anyone know anything about this?

Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
Tapping the power button to unlock has always been flakey - quite often the first tap goes unrecognised, sometimes even a second tap is missed. This has always been the case and IMHO has nothing to do with CSSU.
my observation is this problem existed prior to pr 1.3. on pr 1.3 it was ok for me.

anyway the csu team rocks. keep up the good work!!!!

Ok so I don't follow maemo.org for a couple of weeks and there appears a, what, 142-page thread about the Community SSU? This is overwhelmingly great, I'd say! I already upgraded my overclocked N900 that has the allegedly scratched screen to the Community SSU software.

Now I was thinking that I don't get to do enough mobile Linux stuff at work anymore, the Community SSU is coming at a very good time for me. One of the things I've always had problems with on the N900 is the sharing plugins. Share to Facebook and Flickr. If sharing fails, it just gives up with no option for retry. Is anyone working on those? If not, I might want to give them a shot.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to toninikkanen For This Useful Post:
Hey thanks for reply MAG. I figured out what was causing the problem. It was the themes folder-there was a discrepancy between the transitions file in hildon-desktop and that of themes. I just had to copy paste from Hildon-desktop and starting noticing effects right away. Thanks CSSU

Now all I need is some nice transitions, anyone willing to post theirs?

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
The Unscripted, Unedited and Unofficial Nokia N900 Promotional Video:
"Portrait Conversations"

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...179#post956179

Guys & MAG, considering that we don't have the support of nokia anymore (so no way to upload to their servers i suppose..), considering the prohibition of sharing full FIASCO images...
Could we ever see some flashable images that already include CSSU ?

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Alaska
preface: i realize that both the contacts and phone application are closed, but i was wondering if maybe you guys (CSSU team) could weave some magic here.

request: i was wondering if it might be possible for the the stock contacts application could have the functionality of the "Select Contact" menu used by the phone application (portrait mode only) having the short cut menu running vertically along the right side of the screen (i.e. 0-9, ABC, DEF...) allowing the user to quickly "jump" directly to or near desired contact. perhaps a horizontal menu along the top or bottom of the screen while in landscape mode. probably a pipe-dream, but seeming the amazing work you have been able to accomplish thus far, i figure it couldn't hurt to ask. thank you for all you have done so far, it is nothing short of amazing.

Last edited by tokag; 2011-02-27 at 08:34.

The Following User Says Thank You to tokag For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade