Fellow maemonians and future meegonians

Looking to pre-order the nokia n9 but where and how...

Which UK companies are taking orders and which one should I use...

Who else has pre-ordered?

Should I wait?

Posts: 352 | Thanked: 231 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Vancouver
I was just curious, to see the answer to the question. You know I may have corporate relationship issues every time I make a commitment I get screwed, first Microsoft, then Nokia and now Motorola. The emotions aside, who out there would consider the N9, given Nokia position on the matter and the short history that was the n900.

My n900 is still limping along as my day to day phone, and I did get to play with a prototype N9, it was way sexsy and by all means what I want my N900 to be. But the bottom line is Nokia has some apologies to make before I consider buying another product. The feeling I got while discussing the N9 prototype was Nokia are burning the boats its Microsoft or die pushing it.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to timwatt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by timwatt View Post
I was just curious, to see the answer to the question. You know I may have corporate relationship issues every time I make a commitment I get screwed, first Microsoft, then Nokia and now Motorola. The emotions aside, who out there would consider the N9, given Nokia position on the matter and the short history that was the n900.

My n900 is still limping along as my day to day phone, and I did get to play with a prototype N9, it was way sexsy and by all means what I want my N900 to be. But the bottom line is Nokia has some apologies to make before I consider buying another product. The feeling I got while discussing the N9 prototype was Nokia are burning the boats its Microsoft or die pushing it.
Your response is just offtopic to his question.

if you dont like N9 or nokias stupid decisions.... go buy something else instead of whine. we had enought of this at TMO and it gives nothing to the community IMHO...

But if you really must cry about nokia decision (who we all dislike btw...) there is another thread discussion this over and over and over and over agan (hint thread: "n9 is NOT released,..."

here is my opinion about buy or wait.

personally I think you should wait and see. My guess is amazon.co.uk will sell it if your from uk.

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2011-08-30 at 02:21.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Osama Bin Laden is right! ...wait, what???
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
@mike: even if you're right, people will likely misunderstand or disagree with you because of the way you say things.

@OP: wait it out or don't buy at all. I don't think there'll be significant shortage of N9 once they're released.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following User Says Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,148 | Thanked: 613 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Toronto
"Fellow maemonians and future meegonians"

lol sounds like alien races to me

I personally wouldn't recommend buying it now. Wait its not worth to pay premium for such a device

"I'm a N900 user, can I haz Flash 10 plz?!11!?" © Jaffa

Elopocalypse started on 11.02.2011

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HellFlyer For This Useful Post:
if you can wait.. then wait

if ur like me and have been waiting around for it for AGES then pre-order it (but even still.. you have to wait coz its still not released lol however pre-ordering does give you a satisfying and excited feeling inside for a brief moment lol)

if you want to be one of the peeps to stand out then get it asap... if u dont really care, but u still wanna get one.. then.. wait till its cheaper lol

Posts: 502 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ /dev/null
I personally would wait for it to be fully released. People pre-ordering their N9 when nokia decides to bail it out (like they did with N950) and uses the its hardware for W9 (or sea ray) will be pissed off . In other words don't invest on something which may later become vapourware.

Also there were initial problems with N900. I do not know if the same sort of ordeal would happen with N9. Waiting here might give you more awareness of any potential shortcomings in the said device. nokia may or may not release fixes for any hardware shortfalls on N9. If they do and you happen to get it later than having it preordered, chances are you may not suffer any shortfalls unlike the first adopters.

Just my 0.02

The Following User Says Thank You to tuxsavvy For This Useful Post:
if you have to ask this question, then definitely wait

those that preorder regard FOSS as a religion in that any phone with open >>>> any closed phone regardless of features

if you have to ask a forum, then you definitely do not belong in this group

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Frappacino For This Useful Post:
Posts: 146 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ philly
[QUOTE=Osama Bin Laden;1078759]Frankly he is on topic.
And yes, nokia owes us an apology, but still, I'd take the N9.. *prefer N950 though*
but i'd wait a few months.. Mainly coz I'm broke *and dead*[/

i feel ya pain osama

Last edited by anim1; 2011-08-30 at 08:40. Reason: error

Tags
buysomethinelse, winding down