Active Topics

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Garp View Post
Thank you for info.
Last question:
I had Inception using lock code then I installed default open mode to get max. use of Faster N9 but then missed lock code access.
So I can't have both Open mode and lock code access in any way?
You dont need to be in openmode to get full features of Fastern N9, opensh capabilities are enough. That way you keep your CAL working.

Well you can't have Open mode and working CAL. But you can have open mode and working lock code access (if you dont store lock code in official CAL area). Unfortunately there is no public howto for that released yet.
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

Last edited by rainisto; 2013-05-05 at 16:10.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Wouldn't it be possible to add a password to opensh? I'm only a small time programmer so I don't really know, but wouldn't it be possible, it might defeat the purpose. But maybe a root like Android has. So an application only has access to opensh if you allow it with a password?

Originally Posted by Vromoth View Post
Wouldn't it be possible to add a password to opensh? I'm only a small time programmer so I don't really know, but wouldn't it be possible, it might defeat the purpose. But maybe a root like Android has. So an application only has access to opensh if you allow it with a password?
sure you can add password to opensh, its opensource app, people just prefer not to have passwd there.
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
Well you can't have Open mode and working CAL. But you can have open mode and working lock code access (if you dont store lock code in official CAL area). Unfortunately there is no public howto for that released yet.
Do you think this information will become public sometime?

Originally Posted by TMavica View Post
I found that if in open mode, after install any apps, all running apps is close, is there any solution for this?
Hmm, it's been a while since I last installed an app, but just downloaded Nineshark and it appears I am also suffering from the all running apps close when I perform an install in open mode

The Following User Says Thank You to nbedford For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nbedford View Post
Hmm, it's been a while since I last installed an app, but just downloaded Nineshark and it appears I am also suffering from the all running apps close when I perform an install in open mode
I just installed nineshark in openmode, all the running apps stayed open. So no problems at all.

Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
I just installed nineshark in openmode, all the running apps stayed open. So no problems at all.
Only tweaks I have are open mode (aegis patched version from http://maemo.cloud-7.de/HARM/N9/1.3/...dfl61-20121301) and your additional swap file

And although all apps closing on install is slightly annoying, it's not annoying enough to reflash ...

Last edited by nbedford; 2013-05-10 at 19:27.

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
I've experienced the phenomena with the same Open mode, and no additional swap file.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
I remember rainisto mentioning on IRC previously that apps closing is simply an Out-of-Memory issue... Most probably the RAM required for the dpkg process at times is more than free RAM hence it closes apps first to complete the dpkg process...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
I remember rainisto mentioning on IRC previously that apps closing is simply an Out-of-Memory issue... Most probably the RAM required for the dpkg process at times is more than free RAM hence it closes apps first to complete the dpkg process...
So that means with the additional swap, the chances of apps closing are less?