Notices

Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
Harmattan port would be nice for N9/N950 users!
@HtheB
Harmattan is still maemo with meego elements. As long as you got libvorbisfile the pandora port we are trying to run now should also work.

The Following User Says Thank You to Radicalz38 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jon5 View Post
I'm curious as to why the game crashes the first time an option is selected but the second time it works. Can you provide any more information as to exactly under what circumstances that occurs?
Ok for crashing, it only happened when I have the usb gamepad (an old Wingpad action by logitech, one button not working) attached on the N900, that hasn't happened today but this is what happens whenever I press "button 1" on it to select things (I pressed it three times here, then closed paintown)

Code:
~ $ cd /home/user/paintown/
~/paintown $ ./paintown 
[0:paintown] Paintown by Jon Rafkind
[0:paintown] Command line options
[0:paintown]  -w, fullscreen, nowindowed, no-windowed : Fullscreen mode
[0:paintown]  -d, --data, data, datapath, data-path, path <path> : Use data path of <path>. Default is data/
[0:paintown]  -l, --debug, debug # : Enable debug statements. Higher numbers gives more debugging. Default is 0. Negative numbers are allowed. Example: -l 3
[0:paintown]  -m, music, nomusic, no-music : Turn off music
[0:paintown]  mugen, --mugen : Go directly to the mugen menu
[0:paintown]  mugen:training <player 1 name>,<player 2 name>,<stage> : Start training game with the specified players and stage
[0:paintown]  mugen:watch <player 1 name>,<player 2 name>,<stage> : Start watch game with the specified players and stage
[0:paintown]  joystick, nojoystick, no-joystick : Disable joystick input
[0:paintown]  server, network-server : Go straight to the network server
[0:paintown] 
[0:paintown] Debug level: 0
[0:paintown] -- BEGIN init --
Data path is data/
Paintown version 3.5.0
Build date Jan 22 2011 21:38:47
SDL Init: Ok
Set graphics mode: Ok
Initialize random number generator
Initialize network
-- END init --
[0:paintown] Init took 2.401 seconds
[0:paintown] Loaded data/music/aqua.s3m type .s3m(1)
[0:paintown] Warning: 'key_idle' is not a valid key name. Valid keys are key_jump, key_forward, key_back, key_grab, key_right, key_down, key_up, key_attack1, key_attack2, key_attack3
[0:paintown] Warning: 'key_idle' is not a valid key name. Valid keys are key_jump, key_forward, key_back, key_grab, key_right, key_down, key_up, key_attack1, key_attack2, key_attack3
[0:paintown] Bye!
~/paintown $

And just one time it closed right after starting it, but I don't remember pressing anything, I started it again and it worked but with the "choose language" screen like if I was running it first time

Code:
Nokia-N900:/home/user/paintown# ./paintown
[0:paintown] Paintown by Jon Rafkind
[0:paintown] Command line options
[0:paintown]  -w, fullscreen, nowindowed, no-windowed : Fullscreen mode
[0:paintown]  -d, --data, data, datapath, data-path, path <path> : Use data path of <path>. Default is data/
[0:paintown]  -l, --debug, debug # : Enable debug statements. Higher numbers gives more debugging. Default is 0. Negative numbers are allowed. Example: -l 3
[0:paintown]  -m, music, nomusic, no-music : Turn off music
[0:paintown]  mugen, --mugen : Go directly to the mugen menu
[0:paintown]  mugen:training <player 1 name>,<player 2 name>,<stage> : Start training game with the specified players and stage
[0:paintown]  mugen:watch <player 1 name>,<player 2 name>,<stage> : Start watch game with the specified players and stage
[0:paintown]  joystick, nojoystick, no-joystick : Disable joystick input
[0:paintown]  server, network-server : Go straight to the network server
[0:paintown]
[0:paintown] Debug level: 0
[0:paintown] -- BEGIN init --
Data path is data/
Paintown version 3.5.0
Build date Jan 22 2011 21:38:47
SDL Init: Ok
Set graphics mode: Failed! (1)
[0:paintown] Could not initialize system

And yea I've seen some demos on youtube of paintown running on the wii, the N900 is not that laggy @600MHZ =D

Also just like Radicalz mentioned, with us N900 users we can't select anything from the menu (paintown menu, it works in Mugen menu) unless we attach a usb gamepad/joystick (has anyone else aside from me tested with a usb gamepad?)

Thank for reading jon, hope this helps!

Hi you guys think that there is a posibikity to have a .deb?

Originally Posted by guilledoc View Post
Hi you guys think that there is a posibikity to have a .deb?
somehow if the paintown menu problem could be sorted out I wouldn't mind making a deb file for it. or if jon could make one for us

The Following User Says Thank You to Radicalz38 For This Useful Post:
[2aintown] Current File: mugen.cfg
[2aintown] Checking for file in data/mugen/datamugen.cfg
[2aintown] Couldn't find file: mugen.cfg
[2aintown] Correcting file: mugen.cfg, in directory: data/mugen/data.
Got 14 files.
If mugen.cfg was in data/mugen/data then it would have found it there, thats what the last message is about. I just changed the code to actually say 'found mugen.cfg in data/mugen/data' so its more obvious.

Also just like Radicalz mentioned, with us N900 users we can't select anything from the menu (paintown menu, it works in Mugen menu) unless we attach a usb gamepad/joystick (has anyone else aside from me tested with a usb gamepad?)
Are you saying you can use the native N900 keyboard to select things in the Mugen menu but you cannot use the keyboard to select things in the paintown menu?

Doe the gamepad/joystick work in both menus?

Try using key 'A' to select stuff in the paintown menu.

Ok for crashing, it only happened when I have the usb gamepad (an old Wingpad action by logitech, one button not working) attached on the N900, that hasn't happened today but this is what happens whenever I press "button 1" on it to select things (I pressed it three times here, then closed paintown)
Maybe button 1 is mapped to the quit button? How many buttons do you have?

Originally Posted by Radicalz38 View Post
somehow if the paintown menu problem could be sorted out I wouldn't mind making a deb file for it. or if jon could make one for us
Ok i can wait

Originally Posted by jon5 View Post
If mugen.cfg was in data/mugen/data then it would have found it there, thats what the last message is about. I just changed the code to actually say 'found mugen.cfg in data/mugen/data' so its more obvious.

Are you saying you can use the native N900 keyboard to select things in the Mugen menu but you cannot use the keyboard to select things in the paintown menu?

Doe the gamepad/joystick work in both menus?

Try using key 'A' to select stuff in the paintown menu.

Maybe button 1 is mapped to the quit button? How many buttons do you have?
Hi jon! Yes we could use the n900 keyboard but only working keys is the up and down

By 'A' do you mean a big letter A? if yes now I know what's the problem somehow n900 can't use the shift key nor make a caps lock from the hardware keyboard on paintown probably that's the reason why we can't select it. But on mugen menu yes key's there are working pretty well i think(including 'A' button to select/start).

If I am right about the problem could you by chance make a seperate compilation for our n900 which uses lower caps key mapping for keyboard? After I think we could already use paintown fully.

Last edited by Radicalz38; 2011-11-16 at 23:56.

Sorry I did not mean capital A, I simply meant the A key. If that doesn't work I'm not sure whats wrong.

Hmm then is the source for the pandora version available? I would like at least to look into it maybe I would see the problem.

You can get the source from svn

$ svn co https://paintown.svn.sourceforge.net...paintown/trunk

You can build for Pandora by setting the CC, CXX, AS, and AR environment variables to their respective tools and then doing

$ pandora=1 make

The build system uses scons.

The Following User Says Thank You to jon5 For This Useful Post: