Hi everybody,
For no reasons, a lot of problems somehow occurred in my phone such as:
1) Whenever I opened App. Manager to use the Download or Update part, it always announced that "no appications available" even if I have tried to refresh or dis/enable the application catalogs's list for so many times. Like the picture:

(I didn't touch anything in X Terminal because I don't have any ideas about using it)

2) I updated my phone from 20.2010.36-2.002 to 21.2011.38-1.002 to see whether the problem above could be solved or not. However, after updating, the problem #1 was still there, and my phone even became more worse because I couldn't restore the back-up file at all (couldn't get into App. Manager to install apps, restore songs, movies, pictures etc.). Therefore, I want to flash and reset my phone, version 21.2011.38-1.002, again but I don't know how.

3) Before updating to 21.2011.38-1.002, the widgets on my desktop were sometimes disappeared for no reasons, and I swear I didn't touch or do anything. It was just been like that. Moreover, the media widget also couldn't be controlling sometimes. To play music by the widget, I had to go into the media player, press play and then quit the app by "End Current Task"; however, the widget still couldn't play music again if I paused music.

Please, help me out of these problems, expecially the problem #1& 2. I'll really appreciate your help.
I'm looking forward to your help.
Thanks first.

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Mine does that too.. it has something to do with the catalogues being some how unavailable... I usually restart the App. Manager or even restart the device.. :/

The Following User Says Thank You to bandora For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by bandora View Post
Mine does that too.. it has something to do with the catalogues being some how unavailable... I usually restart the App. Manager or even restart the device.. :/
So did your device become normal after you restarted App. Manager and your device? I did restart (turning off and on) my device and refresh the App. Manager so many times but still didn't work. By the way, "I usually restart the App. Manager", u meant refresh, didn't u? If it was "restart", so can you show me how to restart the App. Manager, please?
Thanks a lot.

Last edited by adrienne04; 2011-11-26 at 05:01.

could you try looking at /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ from terminal? If you find some files there could you post the content here?

The Following User Says Thank You to Radicalz38 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Radicalz38 View Post
could you try looking at /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ from terminal? If you find some files there could you post the content here?
I wish I could too. There is no way for me to connect toTunnerlier because I can't get into App. Manager to install open SSH. If there is another way which can do with X-terminal, can you show me, please?
Thanks a lot.

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Download another App. Mananger from TMO.. Download the deb from the site..

The Following User Says Thank You to bandora For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Radicalz38 View Post

I wish I could too. There is no way for me to connect toTunnerlier because I can't get into App. Manager to install open SSH. If there is another way which can do with X-terminal, can you show me, please?
Thanks a lot.

Go to the main menu. The place where all the icons are. There you will see an application called "X Terminal"

The Following User Says Thank You to nokiman900 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 502 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ /dev/null
1) Check the logs of HAM (hildon application manager) which should be available. If you could not make sense of what it is saying use FAM (faster application manager, also known as fapman) and see if you can get a more useful output.
2) Usually if there's issues with HAM you would see banners appearing on the screen such as "Operation failed". This may also happen when you have enabled large amounts of repositories or repositories that were meant only to be for testing such as extras-{testing,devel}
To reflash your device read here.
3) Widgets and stuff disappearing could be because you have either installed programs which were specifically marked for testing or unstable and they have caused issues. It could also mean that your hildon-{home,desktop} is crashing due to some issues with your device.

If your hildon-{home,desktop} crashes, you can easily see the task tray icons that you used to see at first and subsequent bootup is either lost or had to be refreshed and your widgets on the home screens vanished. I would suggest you install something like CPU/mem applet which will show you a nice little usage status in your task tray. Usually when a crash happens you will see the first bar (left one) jump up to 4 bars and starts indicating red block on the uppermost block.

The Following User Says Thank You to tuxsavvy For This Useful Post:
Thanks God that my phone finally got into normal. The problem was occurring because of one of the catalog of my Application Catalogs named Maemoitalia. I just hopelessly disabled every catalogs and then enabled one by one. Until I enabled every others except the maemoitalia, my App. Manager begun to update My heart jumped
Again, thanks everyone who has helped me in this problem.

Last edited by adrienne04; 2011-11-26 at 10:42.

The Following User Says Thank You to adrienne04 For This Useful Post: