Posts: 635 | Thanked: 1,535 times | Joined on Feb 2014 @ Germany
Hi,

i've got the problem that i've got no sound from the earpiece during calls. If i use the speaker everything is fine. I ordered a new earpiece and replaced the old one, but still no sound. I also changed the complete mainboard of the N9, but now the volume is so low, that you barely hear anything...you only hear some noise if someones talking to you but the volume is very very low. I don't know what i'm doing wrong? Maybe i did something wrong when i replaced the earpiece?

When i first used the phone, the earpiece was working, but the volume was low. Then it stopped working completely and i decided to change the earpiece an then the mainboard like mentioned above...

The phone is useless to me, when i can't make calls...

I hope someone can help me..

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ India
You have to provide more concrete information:

have you done any investigation on the headset: you said you have replaced the mainboard just because earpiece doesnt work..

-earpiece model

-tested in another known-to-work phone?

-tried n9qttweaks to set volume higher or alsamixer? http://everythingn9.com/increase-the...your-nokia-n9/

-any other earpiece works on n9?

-how about normal headsets, without mic?

-is the problem only during calls or also during music playback?

-Tried to reflash firmware to correct any issues in previous?

n9 earpiece is compatible with older nokia phones like N95. Try your earpiece in these older phones.
But it is not compatible with iphone type headsets. try to see if it works on phones with iphone type headsets.(if it works, its obviously not an n9 headset).

Finally, you can always use bluetooth headsets(assuming it works). They have more functionality than normal wired headsets.

Posts: 635 | Thanked: 1,535 times | Joined on Feb 2014 @ Germany
Sorry, i was talking about the internal earpiece.

I solved the problem, it was all my fault.

I removed the blue foil from the speaker, because i thought it was some kind of protection and not the actual membran. I replaced the missing foil with another piece of plastic foil and now the speaker is working. It's still way too silent, but i think its because the foil is to thick. I'm getting another replacement, thank god, they are cheap to replace.

I had the same kind of problem (low volulme) but I suspect it was a lot of pocket lint blocking the speaker grill ... cleaned that and it was a lot better

The Following User Says Thank You to anner For This Useful Post: