Active Topics

Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,118 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants
Originally Posted by eight View Post
Good point, forgot that.
Thanks for the background information, doesn't sound good.
The newer 7+ device will have a Cortex A8 at 700 Mhz which should perform much better.

Don't know if it's comparable to the Cortex A8 of the n900, but on the ti.com website it says:

The first device in TI's OMAP™ 3 architecture, the OMAP3430 multimedia applications processor delivers up to 3x gain in performance over ARM11-based processors.
http://www.ti.com/general/docs/wtbu/...er+OT+omap3430

Running Debian or Ubuntu and with a keyboard it could be a nice toy to play.
Mine was 7", but are you sure it is an actual 3430? The one I bought was advertised as so but it actually had a crappy arm 11.

No you got me wrong, the 3430 is in the n900, don't know what cpu the UbiSlate 7+ exactly has.
Description only says Cortex A8 700 Mhz.

Take a look on http://www.ubislate.com/index.html for a comparison.
Your first Ubislate had a 366 Mhz Arm11.

Here is a blog post about the newer Version. Looks like the Ubislate7+ will also have another capacitive display.

Best is to get the Motorola Atrix and a Lapdock (or the Bionic / Razr / Atrix 2 equivalents).

Running one now and its awesome once it is rooted and the lapdock is unlocked. Runs Ubuntu Jaunty and does much more than the N900 or any of the competitors!!

The Following User Says Thank You to bchliu For This Useful Post:
The only problem with the Atrix is the crappy pentile display. Sure it's qHD but it cannot be compared to a sAMOLED or + screen.

But I did like the phone+lapdock which is why I purchased those for my father for Xmas.

Posts: 122 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ France
What do you think about this one ?
http://www.pocket-lint.com/review/55...ini-pro-review

it looks like the n900
I want most internet, email, gps navigation, and i 'd like a good connectivity with devices, synchronisation, unpn client , as n900 has

The Following User Says Thank You to dglent For This Useful Post:
If it had a slightly bigger screen and higher resolution, I might think about it.

Posts: 155 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Dublin
I have to say I really like the look of the Lenovo K800. It's a beast.

http://www.slashgear.com/exclusive-i...ller-11208594/

Originally Posted by dglent View Post
I did nt see this :
http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsso...a_pro-3779.php
3.7" display
Finaly i bought this phone for ~350€

My comparison from my experience with n900:

- The device is not as robust as the n900 is. I feel it more "light" and when i have it in my hands i think that is more a cheap gadget than a mobile device.

- It has a hw keyboard, not very bad, bigger than n900 but i prefers the n900 feeling in the fingers and the layout.

-The photos are much better than n900. I can take a photo of a page and read the text, something that i could nt do with the n900

- The virtual keyboard is better that the n900, even in vertical position you hit 99% the "right" letter.

- About applications, Android market offers a huge number of applications and third party companies support android so i found eg: an application for my bank, and some other useful things. Also for navigation because eg Sygic , they dont support any more maemo and since a couple of days they pulled out the logo of symbian too from their site. But when i visit the android market i feel like a customer and no more like a user (in compairison with maemo).

- I think the OS maemo is much better than Android, and after my first experience with android i dont understand why nokia stopped the development of a such excellent OS. Now i dont have multitask like maemo but a kind of recent applications that i found very poor and without the features of maemo multitasking
In maemo i can do anything from the touchscreen but in this device of android i have to press always the buttons HOME BACK PROPERTIES for the basics gestures.

And i did nt understand yet when an application is closed or if it is still running in the background.

--------

The problem is that i did nt have any choice, i could nt pay another time the price of n900 but i dont think either that with a more expensive device than the xperia pro i could offer me the maemo experience.

I am really sorry that projects like maemo dies in the name of the commerce.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dglent For This Useful Post: