I'm curious: I've had my N900 since January 2010.

For the most part I've taken good care of it, but I'm only a few short months away from my 2 year handset update option and my trusty N900 (while still functioning perfectly) is starting to look worn out.

Who can claim to have the oldest, still functioning N900? And what state is it in?

Out of interest, what hardware version is it?

No idea vi. how do I find out?

Posts: 490 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hannover-Germany-EU-Earth
Originally Posted by n900faniam View Post
I'm curious: I've had my N900 since January 2010.

For the most part I've taken good care of it, but I'm only a few short months away from my 2 year handset update option and my trusty N900 (while still functioning perfectly) is starting to look worn out.

Who can claim to have the oldest, still functioning N900? And what state is it in?
my n900 is from dec. 2010... good state, but with a few scratches atthe edges... my fall tests went successfull

Posts: 794 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ /Canada/Ontario/GTA
The oldest are probably in the hands of the Fremantle Stars.

yeah, mine has had a few "from hand to floor" successful flight tests too. Mark of a good phone that it just keeps on going regardless of punishment. I've racked up 846 hours of call time too.

Posts: 168 | Thanked: 58 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Madrid
I bought it in Spain since 7th March 2010...but few months ago my phone got broken it USB port and Nokia gave me a brand new one. They told me that seems that are 3 types of n900; the pre-release ones, the "faulty" ones with usb port problems, and a fixed version that includes a fix for usb port and also more resistant mechanism of the keyboard. :/

Posts: 490 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hannover-Germany-EU-Earth
Originally Posted by Brock View Post
my n900 is from dec. 2010... good state, but with a few scratches atthe edges... my fall tests went successfull
sorry, wrong year... my n900 is from Dec. 2009

Originally Posted by Brock View Post
sorry, wrong year... my n900 is from Dec. 2009
Nov 2009 with clear as new screen thanks to protective screen from the very first day. Bt the keyboard got quite bad and i hav to guess letters on it .

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 235 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Manila
Originally Posted by kralde View Post
I bought it in Spain since 7th March 2010...but few months ago my phone got broken it USB port and Nokia gave me a brand new one. They told me that seems that are 3 types of n900; the pre-release ones, the "faulty" ones with usb port problems, and a fixed version that includes a fix for usb port and also more resistant mechanism of the keyboard. :/
what do you mean by "more resistant mechanism of the keyboard"?