Posts: 251 | Thanked: 90 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Earth, Milky-way Galaxy
Originally Posted by Schriek View Post
Like Alligatro said...

http://wiki.meego.com/ARM/N900/Install/MMC
thanx dude!!

Posts: 90 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by aligatro View Post
Ok it booted. but it's very laggy :S
can it make phone calls? make a youtube video?

edit: wifi? 3g? is it usable?

Originally Posted by Mengs View Post
can it make phone calls? make a youtube video?

edit: wifi? 3g? is it usable?
There was no reception. And now I can't boot into it again -_-. Hangs on the "waiting for root device /dev/mmcblk0p1"

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by aligatro View Post
Ok it booted. but it's very laggy :S
Premature optimisation is evil - get things working first, then add all the things that make a nice user experience. We needed to have the stack working first and stable, then we can work on it properly for 1.2.

For 1.2 there's a lot of low hanging fruit:
* New SGX drivers (as seen in thp's video). We're investigating a crash when minimizing windows hence why it's not integrated
* Including 'booster' ability (like maemo-launcher) for all Handset applications as well as prestarting, helps app launch time and RAM usage
* eMMC deployment

etc..
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

The Following 31 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
do someone mind videocast it?

Yeh please someone help make a easier guide for us.

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Also, do yourself a favour and wait for all the release material to be released, it will probably save you from a lot of pain and unmet expectations.

As well as this warning:

MeeGo is an open source project and if you choose to install the MeeGo image to your N900 device, you do it completely at your own risk. If you are not confident that you know what you are doing with it and why, please don't use it at all. Especially now, if you start playing with call software under development, you need to watch after your phone bill, as well.
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
Posts: 90 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Helsinki
I know, sure noob question, but I'm having trouble finding answers to even through search. Obv any help and answer would be appreciated.

What stage is meego in right now? As in, is it user friendly, and able to make phone calls? browse the web etc... I'm not talking about smoothness, because as we all know; things will work out eventually =)

I saw a vid on youtube of a guy making a phone call with meego on his n900, real or fake?

And if not, at about what version can we expect user friendly usability to be reality?

Thanks!

Posts: 909 | Thanked: 216 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bremen, Germany
the tutorial seem to using an external card-reader.
i dont have have, can i do all that stuff in mass-storage mode with the microsd in the n900?