Posts: 356 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Poland
Hi guys
for all songs that have no album pic I can see a strange dafault picture but all I want is to see empty field when I listen to a song. How can I restore it to the default player as it used to be in the begining?

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Poland
guys
any ideas??

What do you mean by the empty field? A program called MussOrgsky can modify song titles and album covers. Try it out. I think it's in extras-devel, but it has been a long time since I downloaded it and it hasn't caused any problems!

Posts: 939 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ U.K.
MussOrgsky is brilliant i installed the other week because of same problem, no problems with it so far

it's a glitch in the media player.

Posts: 723 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Kuching:Malaysia
Originally Posted by Char View Post
it's a glitch in the media player.
a screenshot on the glitch can be more helpful to solve your problem....

Originally Posted by raverpol View Post
Hi guys
for all songs that have no album pic I can see a strange dafault picture but all I want is to see empty field when I listen to a song. How can I restore it to the default player as it used to be in the begining?
here's how the "bug" works...

Lets say you have a bunch of christmas songs, with the Genre in the ID3 tag as "Christmas"

when you encounter a Christmas song with no known album cover, it will just grab any album cover from the "Christmas" genre. (possibly the first one it finds)

I say it's a "bug" because this might have been intentional so that it has something to display.

There are 2 things that make me want to kill myself about the media player

1. no option to "automatically download album cover"

2. file view. not album, not artist, not song title. I want them separated by FOLDER so my ringtones can stop getting mixed into my song list!!!

Originally Posted by pusak gaoq View Post
a screenshot on the glitch can be more helpful to solve your problem....
i'm not the one experiencing problems

anyway, the new media player thats coming in the CSSU (apparently?) has a bunch of fixes. hope for the best

Posts: 436 | Thanked: 298 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ England
I always use mediamonkey (free version) to add album art and generally make sure all song info is correct - I get ocd when album art is wrong on my N900 or an album splits in 2 in N900 stock media player.

its so simple just install free media monkey http://download.cnet.com/MediaMonkey...dlPid=11002265
when all installed to add all info to tracks automatically:
1- click 'file' then 'add/rescan tracks into library'
2-tick the folders where your music is that you want to tag up
3-click ok (the albums will now be imported into mediamonkey)
4-on the left expand 'album' tree
5-click the individual album you want to tag
6-do a quick visual check that all songs are now displayed in the main screen
7-left click and higlight all tracks in main screen
8-right click selected area and select 'auto tag from web'
9-mediamonkey will now search for your album details and art
10-results come back - if it is wronmg you can search 'ARTIST''ALBUM' and click search in the search box along the top
11-check all info is correct and put a tick in all the boxes which are ok
(very rarely wrong for me)
12-click 'auto-tag' button at bottom right
13-in main window it will show at the bottom track number being tagged and will count down while it tags them all.

Simples!!!!

Originally Posted by roger_27 View Post
2. file view. not album, not artist, not song title. I want them separated by FOLDER so my ringtones can stop getting mixed into my song list!!!
The following doesn't get you to file view, but does get rid of all non songs.

Create any folder or folders you like, anywhere on your device.

In a terminal (shell) session cd'd in turn to each directory:
Code:
ls > your_own_playlist_name.m3u
If there are any files in the directory that are non audio or that you don't want in the playlist, you can edit the m3u file to remove them or form the ls command to only list the files that you want.

You can also just leave all your files where they are now and form the ls or edit the m3u to remove the ring tones and whatever else you don't want to show.