Closed Thread
Originally Posted by Moli_T View Post
Do you want a PM or this one is enough? I can help in my free time. Just tell how to help.

Regards.
PM is fine. But I'm not a developer, but I'm very familiar with the Nokia Ovi Push API, so if someone is coding a Whatsapp client, I can help with integrating it into the Push API.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to florian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 665 | Thanked: 2,388 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Zagreb, Croatia
Running the app in background requires:
  • a daemon .conf file
  • startup script

There are already schemes that you can follow.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to knobtviker For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by tgalal View Post
Hey guys, here is quick progress update:
  • Message delivery indicators - Almost
  • Chat logging - Done
  • Editing Status - Not yet
  • Only 1 to 1 Conversations - Done
  • Contacts sync - Done
  • Integration with Accounts manager - Done
  • Integration with Meego's notifications - Almost
  • Running the app in background - Not yet

And adding to the done list too:
  • Registration which is done too via native Accounts manager. It also automatically parses the received Whatsapp code so you wouldn't enter it manually.
  • Contact is typing indicator
  • Contact presence

I would greatly appreciate any advises concerning running the app in background. I'm looking for a behavior that would be pretty much similar to how original Whatsapp works (almost un-exitable). PS: I'm using python + PySide.
Thank you so much!!! Keep up the good work!!!
you are one step closer to be the saviour
Just one thing to ask, would you mind updating your great work, em, at least once per 2 days or even everyday?

Originally Posted by Weirdfisher View Post
Thank you so much!!! Keep up the good work!!!
you are one step closer to be the saviour
Just one thing to ask, would you mind updating your great work, em, at least once per 2 days or even everyday?
It is a hassle to keep giving updates... As mentioned by many other posters, be patient or help out in the development process. Stop adding pressure.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to ynnad179 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 149 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Istanbul,Turkey
http://harmattan-dev.nokia.com/docs/...g_daemons.html

I found something.Maybe that would be helpful.

Don't want to spoil anything...

You're doing a heck of a job here! I strongly support you on continuing as it will be a solid base to make the most out of WhatsApp!

I just thought that this reverse engineering effort here gave WhatsApp the needed kick in their butts:

https://twitter.com/#!/baspland/stat...82476004786176

Originally Posted by Jerex View Post
Firstly many thanks once again for all the great work tgalal and others are doing on this project!

I haven't kept up to date with this thread recently, but I noticed you're currently focusing on 1-to-1 conversations for the first release. Is there any word on adding the Group Chat feature at some point? Is it possible?

I've found that it is one of the best features of WhatsApp and would love for it to be added at some point - I currently run WhatsApp on an Android x86 installation on a PC and access it from my N900 through VNC. It's unwieldy... But it's functional (most of the time).

Keep up the great work and look forward to hearing more when it's ready! =)
Jerex,

From what I understand you run WhatsApp on an Android emulator on a PC? How do you manage to get the SIM/phone no. to work on the emulator?

Originally Posted by ynnad179 View Post
It is a hassle to keep giving updates... As mentioned by many other posters, be patient or help out in the development process. Stop adding pressure.
thats why i asked for any possibilities to do so. I was not ordering. Sorry if I said something wrong

Originally Posted by nokix View Post
Jerex,

From what I understand you run WhatsApp on an Android emulator on a PC? How do you manage to get the SIM/phone no. to work on the emulator?
I do it too. In the registration phase, after you submitted your phone number, WhatsApp waits a few minutes to receive an sms (which will arrive on your normal phone). When this fails, you have the option to let them call you, and fill in the registration code yourself.

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Trinidad
What emulator do you use?

Closed Thread

Tags
galal-t is da, kindergarten, mastar, new tmo low, shameful, tmo not cake, trollfest, whiny_girls