Posts: 223 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Lebanon- Beirut
Did anyone try the mtc or alfa WAP on the N900? I've read somewhere that it doesn't work.

Last edited by ahmadamaj; 2010-08-05 at 12:36.

Posts: 88 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Beirut, Lebanon
yeah i've been calling Alfa for 3 months now and still now they did not finish the configuration for it, and always the same reponse .... N900 only uses GPRS ... so still i'm waiting ..

what's the problem? do they say why it doesn't work?

their exact words were: "the team is working on it, beacuse the N900 does not support WAP, it supports only GPRS, so they are looking for a way to do it." and the only other option i have is to go from prepaid subsciption to a regular line ..

so if i have '5at sebet'i can get internet? is it only for alfa? do you know about mtc?

Same problem.

Alfa people, can you try enabling the proxy and see if it works? => Settings > Internet connections > choose alfa > Edit > Proxy > Check use proxy.

mtctouch didn't work, I haven't called them yet.

By the way, mtctouch WAP uses GPRS (I read that on their website somewhere), I don't see why it doesn't work...

Originally Posted by ahmadamaj View Post
so if i have '5at sebet'i can get internet? is it only for alfa? do you know about mtc?
yes if you have khatt thebet u can have internet on your N900 ( NO DOUBT"

Originally Posted by ChadiM View Post
Same problem.

Alfa people, can you try enabling the proxy and see if it works? => Settings > Internet connections > choose alfa > Edit > Proxy > Check use proxy.

mtctouch didn't work, I haven't called them yet.

By the way, mtctouch WAP uses GPRS (I read that on their website somewhere), I don't see why it doesn't work...
manu u can enable proxy but u need an IP address and port Number to connect that's beside the Username and Password for it

anyways i am working on something hope it works, but i won't be able to finish it, coz i'm travelling and comming back on August the 10th ... i'll let you guys know what the results are when i'm done .... wish me luck

Originally Posted by rjneid View Post
manu u can enable proxy but u need an IP address and port Number to connect that's beside the Username and Password for it

anyways i am working on something hope it works, but i won't be able to finish it, coz i'm travelling and comming back on August the 10th ... i'll let you guys know what the results are when i'm done .... wish me luck
I checked with my old phone; username and password are empty; ip address set to automatically retreive. Same settings on teh N900.

and it works ?