Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
I was just wondering if anyone is interested in a vintage UMPC. Just found one in my drawer which I forgot for years. (Was bought the same time with the N810...) It is a UK model VGN-UX1XN, with orginal hardware unchanged. In very good condition and an orginal extra battery.

You can google for spec in details. If you are interested in I will provide some pictures. Perhaps it will be useful for someone. (Perhaps not...)

---------------------------------------------------

Update:

Thank you for the interest.

In terms of driver, I used to have windows 7 on the device and I have a full set of drivers and sony system apps (which I never used) available. Plus I spent £30 bought the UPDD touch screen driver so you can use the stylus to perform some modern scrolling and much more accurate. These will be provided.

For win XP: There used to be drivers on official site, but I never used xp on the device. (win 7 was more touch-friendly)

FYI I just installed windows 8 to see how the drivers working. The system runs quite well, all the driver works apart from the UPDD touch driver.

pic.twitter.com/SdAxrHfVPJ

Also comes with two batteries, one original (2h) and the other is doubled capacity (and size), was the official extra battery by sony.

I don't really know how much it worth nowadays. Is £250 a reasonable price? (Spent more than £1000 when it was released )
Attached Images

Last edited by chenliangchen; 2013-06-05 at 15:47.

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
It's just beautiful!
Specs are nice too; 1.33Ghz CPU, 1GB RAM, 32GB disk.
Only 2 things worry about it: Battery life is claimed to be just 2h, and the OS it cames with is windows.
Is it hackable, can the OS be changed to something meaningful?

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Couldn't you have posted this a week earlier before I bought my third N900 and drained my allowance?
What are you asking anyway?

Posts: 386 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Netherlands
Also pretty tempted, any asking price?

Posts: 386 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
It's just beautiful!
Specs are nice too; 1.33Ghz CPU, 1GB RAM, 32GB disk.
Only 2 things worry about it: Battery life is claimed to be just 2h, and the OS it cames with is windows.
Is it hackable, can the OS be changed to something meaningful?
AFAIK you can put Linux on it and even replace the CPU with a dual-core one.

The Following User Says Thank You to Wasmachinemann-NL For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
They should re-release this with updated specs....

Edit:
I searched for OQO, they were bankrupt, but seems like they're back in business..?

Kinda interesting, since these are with updated specs
http://www.oqo.cc/

Last edited by HtheB; 2013-06-03 at 11:33.

The Following User Says Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
I have the UX280N. These things are very nice, and I find the trackpoint to be very ergonomic and useful.

However, the 2h battery figure is real. On the good side, it's not like modern laptops where the battery life is 8h when you stare at the wallpaper, and 3h the moment you actually move the mouse. Battery should always be around 1:30h-2h no matter whether you use it heavily or lightly.

Additionally, performance is not that good these days. In my experience it is only slightly better than the second gen Atoms. Still a lot better than the N900 though.

The Following User Says Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
I searched for OQO, they were bankrupt, but seems like they're back in business..?

Kinda interesting, since these are with updated specs
http://www.oqo.cc/
Page copyright 2006-2009, last updated in 2011, every link leads to "Cann't connect to DB!"... does not look like "back in business" to me.

Besides, this is off-topic in this thread anyway.

I'm interested, how much is it?

Also interested. I have a friend that was looking for a similar device the other day.

Oh, how I remember nearly buying a UMPC for a ludicrous price all those years ago.

The Following User Says Thank You to Reffyyyy For This Useful Post: