Active Topics

Posts: 963 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Connecticut, USA
I have been testing the Windows8 Consumer Preview for a couple of days. Wow, if this is what Microsoft is offering to lure people away from Apple products such as the iPad, and Android, I think they are in for very unpleasant results. By extension, I think Nokia is going to be in a world of hurt this time next year. Don't ask me what I didn't like, I the list is too long. Check it out yourself if you think I am kidding. Then read this:

http://www.computerworld.com/s/artic...yam_2012-03-08

http://temporaryland.wordpress.com/

Last edited by rm42; 2012-03-08 at 21:40.

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
I wonder if we can turn this crap off for the desktop release.
Loving the new stuff such as image mounting and faster boot times, etc. but not Metro.

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 1,127 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
Well, at least, for once, it looks esthetically pleasing, almost minimalistic. Shame it wouldn't install in my VirtualBox machine.

Urgh, can't say I'm liking this tbh. I have been playing with win8 CR too and boy, talk about a schizophrenic operating system. The thing does not know if it wants to be desktop PC or tablet OS.

If you were to open a program (ie notepad) from the live view the it will put you back into desktop mode. And if you open a win8 App in live view and close it, then you will see that the program is still runningin the back ground meaniing you have to open task manager to force quit it.

Solitare is now affectively broken too. They have tried to give it touch user controls which are just not needed and for some unknown reason the first time you load it, it takes 5secs to launch and you are left looking at en ESRB rating screen? YES for solitare:?

This new OS really does follow the windows curse where every other version is rubbish.