i did see the link, they are to disable some stuff like rotation, i have stuff that dosnt rotate in the first place ! the health check does show some value for x,y,z axis as i move the phone around, and the PHONE app in the n900 dosnt rotate anymore, i choose auto/poterate, it dosnt matter ! i just stuck in landscape. BUT BUT ! i have a stopwatch app which WORKS ! it flips back and forth from landscape and poterate ! now i dont know why it dosnt work in the phone and on desktop or even in the browser ! any clue ?

Posts: 428 | Thanked: 226 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Philippines
Originally Posted by zikmir View Post
i did see the link, they are to disable some stuff like rotation
Um...the commands in the Wiki Link for CSSU is not just for disabling rotation. You just change "true" to "false" and vice-versa.

Originally Posted by zikmir View Post
i have stuff that dosnt rotate in the first place ! the health check does show some value for x,y,z axis as i move the phone around, and the PHONE app in the n900 dosnt rotate anymore, i choose auto/poterate, it dosnt matter ! i just stuck in landscape. BUT BUT ! i have a stopwatch app which WORKS ! it flips back and forth from landscape and poterate ! now i dont know why it dosnt work in the phone and on desktop or even in the browser ! any clue ?
I see. So there is proof that there is no hardware problem as you mentioned that at least one app does rotate by default, and you also checked/verified with Healthcheck that the hardware is responding...just to confirm: this stopwatch app rotates even prior to CSSU? And the other stock apps such as phone app, does not...correct? Even prior to installing CSSU?

I think I have encountered a similar situation with my N900 before, and at least I understand that the reason is because some themes really cause apps to be locked in a certain orientation (not necessarily a bug or defect...it's just the way the theme was designed). One such theme that I used was the Humanity Theme. Even with CSSU installed, there are certain apps that get locked in a certain orientation.

To deduce the theory I have shared, you can try either changing to another theme (such as the default theme of N900 - please restart after doing so), or start fresh again (reflash) just to rule out any variables. And then from a fresh flash, install CSSU and let us know.

Posts: 112 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Jeddah,Saudi Arabia
have you installed CSSU on your N900???
if yes then try the first three commands (of Hildon-Desktop) on your x-terminal. (as above post)

Originally Posted by topet2k12001 View Post
Um...the commands in the Wiki Link for CSSU is not just for disabling rotation. You just change "true" to "false" and vice-versa.

I see. So there is proof that there is no hardware problem as you mentioned that at least one app does rotate by default, and you also checked/verified with Healthcheck that the hardware is responding...just to confirm: this stopwatch app rotates even prior to CSSU? And the other stock apps such as phone app, does not...correct? Even prior to installing CSSU?

I think I have encountered a similar situation with my N900 before, and at least I understand that the reason is because some themes really cause apps to be locked in a certain orientation (not necessarily a bug or defect...it's just the way the theme was designed). One such theme that I used was the Humanity Theme. Even with CSSU installed, there are certain apps that get locked in a certain orientation.

To deduce the theory I have shared, you can try either changing to another theme (such as the default theme of N900 - please restart after doing so), or start fresh again (reflash) just to rule out any variables. And then from a fresh flash, install CSSU and let us know.

First thanks a lot for taking time to understand my problem, and im glad u had ur problem fixed

So as u asked, YES the app that allows me to automaticall switch between land/port DID work before the pr1.3. And NO the phone app didnt switch just like right now Even after enabling oriantiation with these two commands :

gconftool-2 -s /apps/osso/hildon-desktop/ui_can_rotate -t bool true

gconftool-2 -s /apps/osso/hildon-desktop/desktop_orientation_lock -t bool false

there is no effect. Only the app: stoppish works like a charm. The phone, desktop, internet browser none of them seems to work.

and before installing CSSC i Flashed the Combined immage but not the emmc as i thought it wont be necessary and i ALWAYS use the default theme, though i have a nice desktop pic of adriana lima

Any thing else that we can try ?

OMG OMG ! I just had to restart my phone for some random reason, and by luck i was holding the phone in vertical oriantation when the os loaded, EVERY THING WAS IN PORTRATE MORE !!! I SAW IT ! The destop was in portrate, but suddenly the phone opened by it self, and went to landscape more, and got stuck there ! i tried to play with the settings in phone but no effect... now im pretty sure the phone stack is jamming and messing witht the phone !!! any way to flash the phone stock ?