Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
I got really mad because they weren't updating the other one and emailed Mr. Elop about it. Luckily, he reads his email, and my complaint was passed on to the right people to make some improvements in this area.[*]
If you have any problem with the phone that could possibly be fixed with a software update please check the new bugtracker and search to see if it's reported already. I think you can at least browse without signing up now, and it's easier to create an account if you need one to add comments or a new bug.
The announcement for this bugtracker was made about a day ago here.

Since some of you might not have used a bugtracker before, basically all you need to know is that when creating a new bug, try to give exact steps to reproduce the problem. If you have the same problem as someone else, you're supposed to "vote" for the bug and not reply useless "me too" comments because every comment gets emailed to lots of people and they really don't want that extra mail. Read this. The search box at the top isn't searching in closed bugs (things they fixed or won't fix) so click on search link and change type to all when doing a search. Keep in mind the people reading it are engineers and programmers, not customer service.

Anyways, try to take advantage of this, judging from past Nokia support we have about a year to get them to fix everything. You can also put feature requests (enhancements) into it. Just try not to annoy the poor Nokia employees reading it with too much junk. After suffering with an ignored bugtracker for the last few months we really don't want to lose it again.

Oh, I should also mention they tried to copy all the bugs from the previous bug tracker to the new one, but if there was anything on the old one you voted for or added yourself to the cc list you will need to do that again. Some comments may have been lost too, so please double check.

[*] Quim Gil says it's a coincidence; they were already working on this new bugtracker for us. So, maybe I didn't help much with my email. I am just glad I don't have to send another.

Last edited by Creamy Goodness; 2012-03-09 at 06:17.

The Following 45 Users Say Thank You to Creamy Goodness For This Useful Post:
great!
hopefully this will mean we can have bug-free software after a while

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Canada
I report the Nokia Logo at the Startup is not centered with the Pulse Logo animation.

https://harmattan-bugs.nokia.com/show_bug.cgi?id=160
Attached Images

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to llDonovanll For This Useful Post:
Incoming sms aren't displaying the date & time correctly.. Sometime I have incoming & outcoming sms are all wrong for the time & date.

https://harmattan-bugs.nokia.com/show_bug.cgi?id=161
Attached Images

Last edited by llDonovanll; 2011-11-19 at 06:49.

The Following User Says Thank You to llDonovanll For This Useful Post:
I think this should be a sticky

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dolphins For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
Yeah, it really should be sticky. I don't want to flood those guys with bugs, but they had a nice vacation on the other bugtracker already
Well, the old bugtracker now redirects to the new one. That's good because it's pretty easy to get the old one by accident when using google. Bad because we might have lost some stuff now.

I found another bug today. The profile setup in the drop down menu shows up in double.

It's not something that is easy to reproduce everytime but the bug is there. I noticed it the first time when i was trying to increase the volume for my music while sending an sms at the same time.

The bug only occurs inside apps that can be viewed in portrait or landscape mode (i.e. Messages app). Let's say i'm in the message app in portrait view and I bring down the drop down menu (when you are in landscape you can't bring down the drop down menu). With the drop down menu still down, I rotate the phone to bring the app into landscape view. While rotating (with the dro down menu still down), if I press the volume rocker, the profile setup shows up in double. This does not occur everytime. Sometimes I have to to press and hold one of up and down volume buttons, sometimes I have to press just once.

It took me about 5-6 tries before I was able to reproduce the bug to take the picture and video.

http://harmattan-bugs.nokia.com/show_bug.cgi?id=221
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to llDonovanll For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
I think that sms time thing is not a bug. I had this on many other phones to date. I think the time is sent by the sender and it is not generated at the time of receipt. So a wrong time on the senders phone may be the culprit.

mentioning the volune rocker I think it should re-orient itself on landscape. Right should be louder, like on the N900.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
Posts: 115 | Thanked: 116 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
mentioning the volune rocker I think it should re-orient itself on landscape. Right should be louder, like on the N900.
Indeed, this has thrown me off a couple of times, it just doesn't feel intuitive.

Another IMO major annoyance I've noticed with the email client is that when you receive an html message that requires horizontal scrolling, it is next to impossible to move around without the UI thinking that you want to swipe to the next or the previous message.

The Following User Says Thank You to Soppa For This Useful Post:
There seems to be a delay before the mail client lets you change scrolling orientation (presumably to make scrolling down easier).

Tags
bugtracker, bugzilla, debugging, feature request, harmattan, nokia