Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by chrisp7 View Post
The N9's GPS is UNBELIEVABLY frustrating, sometimes it takes around 10 minutes for a lock, others, 1 minute, you never know how long. This is killing the N9 and any geo apps. So disappointing.
Turn off power saving mode.

Used Nokia Public Transport in Washington DC a week back, it worked flawlessly.
Thank you Nokia.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

Posts: 466 | Thanked: 335 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
Eh well, if only the public transports would use a common API to get the timetables all this could be manageable.

It's impossible to support every variant reliably. Ultimately I think it's the rigidity and "change resistance" in state offices preventing something like this working.

In short, I don't think it's Nokia's, or Googles or Apples (or an singular OS manufacturer's) fault as such if it doesn't work in one region or not... These things need a common API to scale globally.
Google already had this real nicely integrated into Google Maps. Back then I used it in the Smybian-native app on my E65, it was really sweet. I tried it in Vienna for all unfamiliar routes through the city, and 2 out of 3 times it showed a more convenient way than I'd have thoguht of.
Then the feature was silently removed from GMaps never to return. It was high time someone brought this back into mobile navi applications...

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
The fact that US has very few cities with effective mass transit, the included list can't be that intensive for US cities.
Actually, there are people who use public transport in US cities, as this report shows: http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/...transportation
and the app has coverage for most of these US cities.

Personally, my brother lives in Chicago and he uses the public transport on a daily basis, even though he and his wife have 2 cars, but sadly he's an iPhone user, and I can't do anything about that. :-)

The Following User Says Thank You to lenaye For This Useful Post:
So, out of nowhere, this app stopped working for me. It no longer loads routes. Is it just me? If this is intentional, the N9 will certainly be the last Nokia product I ever bought..

edit. it's not just me

So much for support until at least 2015 as was promised..

Last edited by shinogami; 2013-06-13 at 08:57.

"Transport nearby" dont work for me anymore in Berlin-Brandenburg. I get for all stops "No departures within 1 hr". Anyone can confirm this?

From where i can download this app? Someone can help me?

Nvm, found it: https://openrepos.net/content/chenli...blic-transport

Last edited by youFailed; 2015-03-11 at 06:20.

Tags
nokia lies