Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
I just can't give up N9 UI. No other phone allows me to move around the phone and multi-task like N9.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mariusmssj For This Useful Post:
I got a Lumia 800 from work, used it about a month, then went back to N9. I just find N9 much more easier and faster to use than 800.

The Following User Says Thank You to Laamane For This Useful Post:
I have not been tempted to stop using the N9 as my daily phone. I have some android devices and nothing really compares to the swipe UI on the N9.

The N9/N8 combo I have is perfect. I use the N9 daily (also comes in handy at work) and the N8 when I go out with friends.

The Following User Says Thank You to Demati For This Useful Post:
Posts: 12 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Dublin, Ireland
I have n900 and n9 cyan 16 GB I want to sell one of them, becouse I want to get jolla device but not sure which one, I like the swipe gestures of N9 it is faster with better camera... but n900 has something ,don't know how to name it, well..anyway micro sd, slidiing keyboard, fm transmitter...
which one woud you keep?
Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to managatsuo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 82 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Bahía Blanca, Argentina
Everytime I get my hands on a non-swipe phone, no matter if it's a premium device or not, it's like loosing a leg or an arm, it really pisses me off when I drag my finger from every corner specting the app to close. Nothing can replace the system UI on the N9.

For now, I'm not going and mainly I CAN'T replace it with another phone. No one has the great combination of price, body, camera, system, etc.

I bought an extra soft cover, the leather carrying case, and the Play 360º, just to have the complete team together and save them forever in my house.

I'm not switching phones until the platform support dies. We won't have any more Store but critical system updates will continue to be available, (Check this out, the last part)

And until Nokia gets stable again and releases a new truly revolutionary phone like the N9 (i'm expecting a long time for this to happen).

1100 >> 3220 >> 5310 >> 5230 >> N9

Last edited by Hambert; 2013-10-16 at 00:18.

The Following User Says Thank You to Hambert For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by Hambert View Post
I'm not switching phones until the platform support dies. We won't have any more Store but critical system updates will continue to be available, (Check this out, the last part)
Your url is broken.

And until Nokia gets stable again and releases a new truly revolutionary phone like the N9 (i'm expecting a long time for this to happen).

Well it's going to be a long long wait[1] so just use your N9 and be happy with it

[1] like, forever

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 82 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Bahía Blanca, Argentina
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Your url is broken.
I'm sorry, here you go:

http://m.theinquirer.net/inquirer/ne...wo-years-early

Check the las sentence!

1100 >> 3220 >> 5310 >> 5230 >> N9

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Check the las sentence!
Yah, well it says:
"All existing content will continue to be available for download and there are no changes to our previous commitment to continue providing platform maintenance support for both Symbian and Meego."

Which sounds pretty nice but in actuality you can read it both ways... "there are no changes to our previous commitment to continue providing platform maintenance support" can well mean there is no changes to the commitment, that being already nonexistent and will continue to be so.

Tags
girlfriend, marriage, meego, the n9, unbreakmyheart, wedding