Active Topics

Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
OFF, not that it really matters but still.....

"intervju" Really? Does that mean that troll lives somewhere in Balkan area? Any hunters here?

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by kinggo View Post
Does that mean that troll lives somewhere in Balkan area? Any hunters here?
Don't know. Do you see any?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Don't know. Do you see any?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJayfIt7kWo

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJayfIt7kWo
Welcome Mr off topic. Sweet. So its utube time in this thread now?

Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Still no answer from jolla regarding the community questions. I read in some intervju that they planned to do things with the community.

Anyone know what that means? Community representatives, handling our dev devices or simply just release som kind of Linux ui.

Looking forward to see Jussi and Marc as members here and if not, maybe an official jolla account?
They are working with the community!
Check Mer and Nemo projects you will see their close presence there, I know you would like to have some Jolla reps here, but TMO has nothing to do with them so I understand their absence here.

Originally Posted by mariusmssj View Post
Check Mer and Nemo projects you will see their close presence there, I know you would like to have some Jolla reps here, but TMO has nothing to do with them so I understand their absence here.
I know, but they also working behind close door. True, mer working for them and that's great. It's great to have Stskeeps here. But he cant/should not speak for Jolla. He is mer.

They might not get any help with cores or Nemo areound here. But when it comes to apps and devices the will have a lot to win to drop a post here once in a while under jolla account. After all they have a groundbreaking support here. Who cares if Nokia hosted this place. They have lots of potential customers and devs here. Take 10 minutes a week would be worth it.

Last edited by Dave999; 2012-10-20 at 10:01.

I know, but they also working behind close door. True, mer working for them and that's great. It's great to have Stskeeps here. But he cant/should not speak for Jolla. He is mer.

They might not get any help with cores or Nemo areound here. But when it comes to apps and devices the will have a lot to win to drop a post here once in a while under jolla account. After all they have a groundbreaking support here. Who cares if Nokia hosted this place. They have lots of potential customers and devs here. Take 10 minutes a week would be worth it.
Yeah I know what you mean, they are not keen to answer any specific questions or even show anything that their working on. Everything apart Mer and Nemo seems very closed down, secretive.

I hope that after the slush event we'll be able to really see what their doing

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by mariusmssj View Post
.... and maybe their definition of "community" at the moment is those who contribute code. That would be a reasonable definition for a software project IMHO.

That is true. They might think that the x (my guess around 15) devs supporting them atm is the community. But i think they have been in the buissniss long enough not to think that. The community is everywhere. It can also be seen in Jussis power points I've posted here before.

So I think they including application devs and users as well in their community. After all, Jussi using the word ecosystem more than elop himself.

There has to be a reason why their so secretive at the moment, i guess they really want to surprise everyone at slush next month

Tags
jolla, jolla on topic, jollamobile, meego, merproject, nokia, nokian9, professionals, speculations, tizenjolla