Active Topics

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Although my only SIM is in my N9 usually, I still own and use my N900 regularly. So I'm not technically a rformer owner. More of a former voice user. The N900 still works fine, has that IR xmitter for remote control, and unlike the N9, can run gnumeric. Pretty handy to have that when computing a car payment in a sales manager's office and other such situations. The N9 isn't nearly as hard on my jeans, though.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
Posts: 103 | Thanked: 493 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ France
After my main N900 wouldn't acknowledge my sim anymore (and the other N900s having problems of their own), I switched back to my N9.
Last week I also bought a BB Z10, and I found the lack of "customizability" unnerving, mostly on the sound department: you can't disable the key "presses" when you're dialing a number.
The workaround is to switch to a silent profile, dial, and then switch back to your regular profile... how stupid is that ?
There's also the cases of the camera shutter sound, that you can disable through an app (but you can't do that on a vanilla system), and there's also some games that issue sounds, even when the sound is actually disabled in-game

On the other hand, the size of the Z10 is perfect for me, the screen is very nice, and the VKB is actually useful (I hate the ones on the N9, for instance).

I have a cheap Sony Xperia Z3 Compact coming soon, and I plan to experiment a bit to make an Android experience without any Google in it (as it gives me hives)...

If that experiment is not conclusive, I might bite the bullet(s) and get a BB Z30, even with the caveats mentioned earlier.

What can I say, I'm a sucker for dead/dying non-mainstream OSes that have some flair of their own...

I'm still on the fence about the Neo900.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to British For This Useful Post:
Posts: 25 | Thanked: 86 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Düsseldorf, Germany
N900->N9->BB Z10->Jolla (and a spare Jolla and spare N900)

I'm using the Jolla as a main phone currently, not carrying the n900 with me all the time. The Z10 is lying in the box now with the spare Jolla and N900.
And I have a cheap 50€ China Android phone for Bluetooth LE syncing my fitness gadgets, I really would prefer to do that with my main phone...

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to duesselschorsch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
Move to N9 -> Z10 -> Nexus 5 -> Gal s5 -> ip5s --> android one -> Gal s5

I've lost interest in any new flagship, still dreaming of MeeGo with latest hardware...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ibrakalifa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Wow, seven different phones since 2009? I have heard about people changing a phone every year but I always thought it was an exaggeration. I have never met anyone like that in real life.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Wow, seven different phones since 2009? I have heard about people changing a phone every year but I always thought it was an exaggeration. I have never met anyone like that in real life.
Usually i trade them, got some extra cash...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ibrakalifa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 592 | Thanked: 1,603 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Berlin / Germany
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
What about you, pichlo?
Still on N900?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to explit For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
Samsung Galaxy Note 2

get your smooth live wallpaper today
My YouTube videos

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nicholes For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by explit View Post
What about you, pichlo?
Still on N900?
Yes, albeit only as a second phone. I foolishly switched to Jolla for my main phone and although I wish I hadn't and much as I've been longing to, moving back to the N900 is nigh impossible due to the SIM card size incompatibility. Well done Jolla, your decision to use the small format for no reason whatsoever has resulted in a device lock-in. Well done.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 435 | Thanked: 684 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Netherlands 020
There're ways to fix the sim-card problem that you have. I do switch from sim, micro and to mini alot of time. Some new providers do share pre-cut sim-cards for promotion. One the thing about the N900 is that you can't keep on using it in 2016 after taking a good visiting at the Maemo forum.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jellyroll For This Useful Post:

Tags
nokia n900, successor