############################ English##########################

Maemo Community e.V. - Invitation to the General Assembly 01/2015

Dear Member,our Annual General Meeting will be held on 29.03.2015 20:00UTC on IRC Freenode channel #maemo-meeting.

The agenda includes the following topics:
  1. Welcome by the Chairman of the Board
  2. Determination of the proper convocation and the quorum of the General Assembly
  3. Acceptance of the annual report for the fiscal year and actions of the Executive
  4. Election of the Board
  5. Amendment of Articles of Association / Association Rules
  6. Any other business

Requests for additions to the agenda must be submitted to the Board in writing one week prior to the meeting (§ 9 para. 2 of the Statutes). Please note that TOP5 is omitted if no changes are requested.

Yours sincerely

Oksana Tkachenko
Chair of the Maemo Community e.V. Council
############################ German##########################

Maemo Community e.V. - Einladung zur Mitgliederversammlung

Sehr geehrtes Mitglied, dear Member,unsere diesjährige ordentliche Mitgliederversammlung findet am 29.03.2015 20:00UTC im IRC Freenode Channel #maemo-meeting statt.

Auf der Tagesordnung stehen folgende Themen:
  1. Begrüßung durch die Vorsitzende des Vorstands
  2. Feststellung der ordnungsgemäßen Einberufung und der Beschlussfähigkeit der Mitgliederversammlung
  3. Entgegennahme des Jahresberichts für das abgelaufene Geschäftsjahr und Entlastung des Vorstands
  4. Neuwahl des Vorstandes
  5. Änderung der Satzung/Vereinsordnung
  6. Verschiedenes

Anträge auf Ergänzungen der Tagesordnung müssen bis eine Woche vor der Versammlung schriftlich beim Vorstand eingereicht werden (§ 9 Abs. 2 der Satzung). TOP5 entfällt falls keine Änderungen beantragt werden.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Oksana Tkachenko
Vorstandsratsvorsitzende des Maemo Community e.V.

Link: Original article.

Last edited by chemist; 2015-03-02 at 08:45.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to CommunityCouncil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by CommunityCouncil View Post
our Annual General Meeting will be held on 29.03.2015 20:00UTC
I hate time, and I hate time zones, and I hate DST.

March 29th is where, at least for Europe, summer time starts, so German time will be UTC+2. I guess that means the meeting will take place (at least for us in Germany an whereabouts) at 22:00 "clock time".

I hope I didn't mix it up. Would appreciate a confirmation or a denial

[EDIT] Thanks @chemist for confirming 22:00 "clock time" for Central Europe. The rest can use the time converted he linked.

Last edited by reinob; 2015-03-12 at 15:57.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by reinob View Post
I hate time, and I hate time zones, and I hate DST.
Then you will love this suggestion

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Then you will love this suggestion
Nope, that's not the way to go, unless you mean the last paragraph in the section:
Others have proposed the abolition of BST entirely, favouring GMT all year round. Advocates cite in their support a lack of practical gains from the adjustment of time, arguing instead that changes in school and/or business hours would achieve similar results without disrupting a scientific standard.
AFAIK that is the only real, true and viable solution that should be adapted worldwide; abolish DST once and for all since it is a relic of the agrarian age we no longer need at all.
FFS, I don't really care what the time is as long as they bloody well stop yanking it around every f*****n spring and fall!

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 664 | Thanked: 1,648 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Hamburg
In order to make your voice be heard and cast your vote in the Board election, become a Maemo Community e.V. member in case you haven't already.
And we are in search of at least one more EU-candidate (citizen or legal resident) for board...
Current Maemo Community Council member

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Win7Mac For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Err, so anyone please answer reinob's question? Confirm the time in light of DST?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
localDST is always UTC+1+"local difference to UTC"

All EU changes to DST at the same time
CEST is UTC+2
BST is UTC+1

if you have trouble with timezones maybe try something like http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to chemist For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 664 | Thanked: 1,648 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Hamburg
ok, 1 week to go.
Board election will be held live in the meeting by members' single vote per candidate of either yes, no or abstention.
In case you're a member and are unable to join the live meeting, select another member and designate him/her to cast your vote in a traceable way (per email, IRC...).

If chemist and juiceme show some mercy and rerun for Board*, we still need one more EU-citizen or legal resident as candidate (Bylaws say >=3). Not sure what happens in case there's more than 3 valid candidates (there's no rule in Byalaws for that). My fault.
I guess unless candidates decide otherwise, all will be appointed by the General Assembly.

* So the culprit really is to have at least one more candidate.
Not sure if we need a dedicated thread for that, so ...drumroll... here's my nominations (in alphabetical order):
- fstern (aka warfare)
- peterleinchen
- rzr
- sixwheeledbeast
- xes

Again, in case you haven't already, please consider becoming a member of the Maemo Community e.V. NOW (that's mandatory for becoming director)
Thanks.
Current Maemo Community Council member

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Win7Mac For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Thanks for the reminder, @Win7Mac.

It indeed is important that we have good candidates for the board.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
@Win7Mac
I really appreciate you would propose me as candidate but i can't accept to be involved into even more tasks.
I love this community but i must balance my efforts with my really limited free time.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to xes For This Useful Post:

Tags
maemo council, mc e.v.