Active Topics

Posts: 230 | Thanked: 302 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Helsinki, Suomi (Finland)
Get the black rubber case. Solves both of your problems.

The Following User Says Thank You to ladoga For This Useful Post:
Dunno about indifferent, but its definitely different and thats why i fcuking love mine!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tommo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 594 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Rhine
It's pretty easy to get an idea of the "look & feel" of N9, before you order it... just go to any shop and play around with a Lumia 800, as long as it's turned off

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Leinad For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 710 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Beirut, Lebanon
Wow, I believe this is the first time I see someone not amazed by this incredible *thing*! I have tried millions & trillions of the newest phones + I have seen & tried Nokia N900 but not one phone reached the power and stylishness of this one.

Originally Posted by Dave999
I will vote AMD for president next time if I'm having any shares during next meeting.

Do good for a human being and like my art page!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AMD For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by Leinad View Post
It's pretty easy to get an idea of the "look & feel" of N9, before you order it... just go to any shop and play around with a Lumia 800, as long as it's turned off
Am I the only one who feels the curved glass is an hinderance on the Lumia 800? Swipe UX feels natural with the curved glass but on WP it seems like an hinderance to me as it disturbs the swiping one does within the screen...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 329 | Thanked: 422 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ derpton
Originally Posted by AMD View Post
Wow, I believe this is the first time I see someone not amazed by this incredible *thing*! I have tried millions & trillions of the newest phones + I have seen & tried Nokia N900 but not one phone reached the power and stylishness of this one.
You sure have a lot of experience for a 13 year old!

FYI I can also say I was not impressed by the N9. I liked the design, it's the swipe interface I don't like, too easy to swipe away apps when you'd like to do something else (for example in a game)...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to herpderp For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by herpderp View Post
too easy to swipe away apps when you'd like to do something else (for example in a game)...
That's the developer's over-sight...For games you can disable swipe in the code...

Last edited by thedead1440; 2012-10-19 at 14:53.

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
I have never ever swiped away anything by mistake. The swiping is what makes this phone so special! And its design of course.

Everyone I show the phone to really gets impressed and a bit jelous of the swiping and multitasking.

By the way I saw my first N9 out in the wild today. Made my day

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dannejanne For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Klavier View Post

I dont really like how the phone terminates sharply at the edges,
TBH I kind of like it. I even find myself standing my phone upright at work and using it as a desk clock. That, or listen to music via the speaker while it's standing

EDIT surprsingly, standing it on the speaker grill doesn't seem to impact the sound much

The Following User Says Thank You to original_z For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Klavier View Post
i almost returned it but its opened....oh well

i thought i would be blown away by it's design. idk its still wrapped in the plastic so that could be the reason why. But i think i should have gone with black. Its very lightweight and its form is nice. But the white makes it look rather generic and plain It look better in the videos lol.

I dont really like how the phone terminates sharply at the edges, i know that Apple has patent on rounded corners.

swipe UI so far i am very indifferent towards it.

The screen is very vivid big step up from n900. And its an actual damn phone and not a computer to therefore I hope it behaves like one

But it also feels less functional than the N900 because its a phone and not a computer.

when my sim cutter comes i will update my impressions regarding the functionality of the device

its a cool phone but i can see myself switching to something else in a few months
I will chance N900 to N9. I don't need ti anymore.

The Following User Says Thank You to kike For This Useful Post: