Originally Posted by mcow View Post
I don't know. I entered that URL into a new "catalog" in AppManager and it's showing a 404, with a longer URL: ...dists/diablo/user

AppManager shows me when ASUI updates are available. I don't see a libxpm in my list of installed items.
That link I posted was a repository install file not a repository URL. Did you load that URL in a browser on your tablet?

The libxpm4 package is a dependancy and won't be visible in appman. You've probably had it installed since ASUI was in my own repository.

If it still doesn't work you can download the package directly from http://repository.maemo.org/pool/dia...23-1_armel.deb and install it as root with dpkg -i screenshot-tool_1.23-1_armel.deb

advanced-systemui (0.5.9)
  • fix: widget page should no longer change in portrait mode when barely sliding finger on button bar
  • fix: statusbar applet plays sounds immediately without dbus lag
  • fix: screenshot plays sound immediately after taking shot without dbus lag
  • fix: changed sound played on battery low signal
  • fix: hour tick marks on battery graph are now symmetrical
  • fix: battery graph had incorrect total hours
  • drain rate overlay for statusbar applet
  • cpu usage overlay for statusbar applet
  • wifi and bluetooth overlays for statusbar applet
  • added secondary background color, highlight refactoring, renamed line_color and innerline_color, added button_color and stepper_color, tweaked some colors
  • added blue_color, renamed status colors, renamed white_color to bold_color
  • swiping from button bar to widgets slides the window
  • unmapping the window slides it off the screen
  • mapping the window slides it on to the screen
  • color theme file support
  • draw flight mode button with code instead of XPM file
  • added a statusbar settings page
  • desktop widget can be long pressed to restart the service
  • split statusbar into multiple source files for better encapsulation and easier maintenance
  • low battery notifications and sounds at 4, 10 and 16%
  • battery graph shows total screen on time since last removing device from charger
  • changed battery graph total time to days:hour:minute format
  • setting to enter and exit flight mode briefly when wifi is manually disconnected or times out (fixes a high drain problem)

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to auouymous For This Useful Post:
Posts: 89 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Canada
Looks great! A few notes:
1. Upgrading from the previous release using Application Manager, I needed to reboot. The statusbar applet only showed the power button, cpu, and drain indicators. Attempting to load ASUI did nothing. Attempting to access the UI section of the settings crashed settings. Restarting ASUI from within the settings program did nothing. Rebooting made everything work.
2. I never use bluetooth, but like having the wifi icon there. Would you consider a double-sized wifi indicator when the bluetooth indicator isn't present (rather than saving space for BT when it'll never be there)?
3. Sliding on and off the screen is neat. I'll probably disable it to make it faster, but it's still neat to see.

Originally Posted by akorvemaker View Post
1. Upgrading from the previous release using Application Manager, I needed to reboot. The statusbar applet only showed the power button, cpu, and drain indicators. Attempting to load ASUI did nothing. Attempting to access the UI section of the settings crashed settings. Restarting ASUI from within the settings program did nothing. Rebooting made everything work.
Reproduced here, ugh. I'm not sure if the statusbar applet ever restarts during an upgrade but ASUI didn't restart nor would it start from asui-settings. I manually ran the program and it worked. I then started the service from terminal and it worked. Not sure why this happened.

2. I never use bluetooth, but like having the wifi icon there. Would you consider a double-sized wifi indicator when the bluetooth indicator isn't present (rather than saving space for BT when it'll never be there)?
Hmm, I'll see if its possible to flip the wif icon otherwise I'd have to duplicate all the wifi icons which is only two right now but will grow. Having wifi on both sides would balance it out though.

3. Sliding on and off the screen is neat. I'll probably disable it to make it faster, but it's still neat to see.
I only use the slide on unmap because I like the ASUI window to snap onto screen but added the feature in case anyone wanted it to slide on.

The Following User Says Thank You to auouymous For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by auouymous View Post
I'll see if its possible to flip the wif icon otherwise I'd have to duplicate all the wifi icons which is only two right now but will grow. Having wifi on both sides would balance it out though.
That was easy. Install ASUI, statusbar and settings test binaries and enable wifi mirroring.

Originally Posted by auouymous View Post
That link I posted was a repository install file not a repository URL. Did you load that URL in a browser on your tablet?
I had not. I didn't recognize the ".install" as a special extension. I've just installed the deb, thanks for the described link.

And thanks for the new release. I've uninstalled LoadApplet now.

Problem with 0.5.9: N800 never blanking, on battery or charger. I've tried changing the various blanking settings, rebooting, etc.
Trying to force a blank yields "An app may have paused blanking..." but this is happening after reboot with no apps started.

btw, I notice that the issue with the Home key to switch ASUI pages also causing an unresponsive task-switcher menu is no longer present.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
Likely same issue i have been battling for a while. Open up ASUI-settings, head to MCE, hit the restart button, see if this makes the N800 dim but not blank. If that is the case, head to control panel, display settings, change nothing but hit ok. Should work until next reboot of the device.

The Following User Says Thank You to tso For This Useful Post:
Problem with 0.5.9: N800 never blanking, on battery or charger. I've tried changing the various blanking settings, rebooting, etc.
Trying to force a blank yields "An app may have paused blanking..." but this is happening after reboot with no apps started.
If the screen won't dim or blank it could be caused by alarmd keeping it on. Use the service section in ASUI settings to restart Alarm Dispatcher and then Machine Control Entity. If that doesn't work try stopping Alarm Dispatcher, restart Machine Control Entity and then start Alarm Dispatcher.

btw, I notice that the issue with the Home key to switch ASUI pages also causing an unresponsive task-switcher menu is no longer present.
Not sure why it would have gone away...

OK, I've been rebooting my tablet for the past hour and trying various things.

1) Restarting alarmd is not necessary; resetting MCE does the trick, partway. After that reset, the tablet dims after 90 seconds, blanks after 120; thing is, my control panel is set for 10/30. Opening the control panel and just pressing OK is enough to get it to where it's supposed to be -- maybe. If I apply the C.P. immediately after resetting MCE, I get a 10/120 cycle, but a second application of the C.P. gets it right.

2) Each time I restart MCE, the screen brightens (my default level is 40). When I map ASUI, my "40" is shown in white, but below it is a "76" in blue. As soon as I touch a level control, brightness drops down to the expected level. This 40-over-76 state persists across dim/blank cycles.

3) I just rebooted for about the eighth time to check something else, and on reboot, it was in the desired state: dimming and blanking at the times I expect.

Perhaps unrelated to the blanking failure: I have twice seen ASUI's power meter pegged at 100% and staying there; mapping to ASUI shows normal CPU activity of just a couple percent, but back the desktop and the meter continues to be pegged. May be related to rebooting with WiFi enabled, rather than in Flight mode, but I haven't figured out a sequence of steps that makes this happen for sure.

Also: The task-switcher menu is now showing as it was before, so that problem isn't solved, maybe just suppressed by whatever was requiring an MCE restart. Something has changed with this, however: the menu is active, changing the displayed app beneath ASUI and closing the menu.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mcow For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada blows, bada rox