I installed the UPnP plugin for Canola recently. It said it installed successfully, but I'm not seeing it anywhere in Canola? Is this supposed to appear as a new icon on the home screen? I've done some searching, but I haven't found very much talk about this plugin, so I'm unsure how it is supposed to work.

I just tried it recently myself, and not only did it not offer any new functionality that I could see, it broke the old configuration -- wouldn't show the files on the memory card and wouldn't let me select the memory card as a source for files.

I ended up uinstalling and reinstalling. Canola, alas, is unsupported bugware, but it's the best of a bad bunch.

I just watched a video showing an N800 as a controller for a UPnP system, and he was using MediaStreamer.

The Following User Says Thank You to mcow For This Useful Post:
Thanks. I'd noticed the same thing with Canola no longer seeing the external card (internal was fine though). I uninstalled, ran cleanup, and reinstalled both, and now it sees both cards, but no upnp functions that I can see. Thanks for the mediastreamer tip.