Notices

I would like to announce my very first Maemo 5 theme Red and Silver.

Its my first theme so go easy on me please lol

Name:  Red and silver theme.jpg
Views: 1848
Size:  26.1 KB

Its in extras-devel to download called red and silver or you can direct download HERE

*Note* there is also a theme in devel called red, do not download it as its broken lol.

Enjoy,
Biggzy.

Last edited by andrewfblack; 2010-04-23 at 12:50.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to biggzy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
Very nice it looks like you got through MADDE alright. Did you ever get your other theme to build right?

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

Originally Posted by andrewfblack View Post
Very nice it looks like you got through MADDE alright. Did you ever get your other theme to build right?
got thru it with alot of help from you andrew (thanx loads), i couldnt get the red theme to overwrite the old 1 in devel as im not sure what part of sh try_it_out to title correctly so it overwrites it once built, theres theme name, theme description and directory name, not sure which 1 it is lol

Posts: 780 | Thanked: 855 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
What's different in this compared to the theme template? Other than the color hue?

Originally Posted by biggzy View Post
got thru it with alot of help from you andrew (thanx loads), i couldnt get the red theme to overwrite the old 1 in devel as im not sure what part of sh try_it_out to title correctly so it overwrites it once built, theres theme name, theme description and directory name, not sure which 1 it is lol
It should have been theme name.

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

The Following User Says Thank You to andrewfblack For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by joppu View Post
What's different in this compared to the theme template? Other than the color hue?
I don't think anything but at least give him credit for learning the proper way to do themes. Now he can do more themes that are more from scratch.

nothin yet lol (my first go with madde) so please forgive me, im just starting a new theme from scratch, it may take a while tho as i will edit all elements on the next theme, also theres some editing to do on this theme still once i get better at it.

Posts: 254 | Thanked: 95 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ New Delhi, India
Looks nice! Downloading it now

The Following User Says Thank You to navsin For This Useful Post:
Huh, I read that as kind of accusatory, but maybe you didn't mean it that way. Obviously it's just a different hue... but what's wrong with that? Nokia released a nice-looking template under an open license, so why shouldn't people modify it to their liking? A theme doesn't have to be 100% unique/original to be something people might want to use.

Your themes obviously took a lot more work since you made them from scratch (awesome work btw), but I hope you wouldn't mind if someone released a color variant of one of yours, given that the license you used does allow derivatives.

Posts: 780 | Thanked: 855 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
It's just that I really enjoy work done by Wazd, Andrew and D-livil who have gone throught some genuine effort to make something unique and personal.

Frankly, I don't care that much about what license my themes are licensed under - I make them for my own enjoyement and I also hope they please others too.

Not to discourage or anything, but just changing the color hue in protoshop is so easy that anyone can do it.

But, as a first theme, fitting color palette and wallpapers, good job!

Last edited by joppu; 2010-03-27 at 13:15.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joppu For This Useful Post:

Tags
fremantle, theme release