Posts: 423 | Thanked: 478 times | Joined on Sep 2014 @ Netherlands
osmAnd is indeed an alternative if you want offline maps. For online maps, Here Maps by Jolla works fine and as an alternative, I use Poor Maps from Warehouse as that utilizes OpenStreetMap (which I'm a heavy contributor to for my city!)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vistaus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 88 | Thanked: 411 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ southern Italy
Originally Posted by romu View Post
Hi,
- wifi connections is pretty weird and inconsistent, already a known issue? With or without fix?
Wifi connection on my Jolla is just flawless.

I live in a wifi-crowded area but my home AP does not use the default channel (apparently most routers use either 1 or 11).

Has anyone managed to install the full version of Poweramp on their Jolla? I'm not able to unlock it even though the purchase has been completed. It says I have no Google or email account registered on the device when I try to unlock. I've contacted the devs but I thought someone here has experienced the same issue.

Originally Posted by sillycrimes View Post
Has anyone managed to install the full version of Poweramp on their Jolla? I'm not able to unlock it even though the purchase has been completed. It says I have no Google or email account registered on the device when I try to unlock. I've contacted the devs but I thought someone here has experienced the same issue.
Quite a few of my Android apps latest versions requires some google services which forced me to use older versions to run them in Sailfish. Seems like installing Google play store solved that "issue" for me.

The Following User Says Thank You to latency For This Useful Post:
Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by alfmar View Post
Wifi connection on my Jolla is just flawless.

I live in a wifi-crowded area but my home AP does not use the default channel (apparently most routers use either 1 or 11).
You are lucky on this. I have tried two different routers and different channels, but my Jollas WiFi connection is total crap! Actually the only reasonable complain I have about the phone when considering its background.

I actually basically never use my the WiFi, because it really is that bad. All other devices are happily surfing the wep, but Jolla is complaining about "connection problem" or just constantly reconnecting. Also, if I sometimes share the network connection wirelessly from my Jolla, the battery consumption goes through the roof even after I turn the sharing of. I always have to reboot the phone to get the consumption back to normal.

My Jolla almost made it through the warrant period, but I actually have to sent my phone in later today. I have some yellouish spot in my screens left side. Everything in the screen is otherwise working normally. Hopefully it is something that the warranty will take care of.

BTW. now that I am back to using my N9, I am again amazed by its totally superior user experience. Never with any phone still today have I experienced something so perfect for me. Hope Jolla will one day be as good.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Boxeri For This Useful Post:
Posts: 496 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by Boxeri View Post
I have some yellouish spot in my screens left side.
My screen is developing exactly the same problem. Only really visible currently when I use something with a light/white background - such as the stock browser.

Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by strongm View Post
My screen is developing exactly the same problem. Only really visible currently when I use something with a light/white background - such as the stock browser.
Yep, spot on the same problem! I will take my phone to service today. Anyone knows where they fix the phones and how long service time should I be expecting?

Yep, spot on the same problem! I will take my phone to service today. Anyone knows where they fix the phones and how long service time should I be expecting?
I sent mine on Monday to Optima Services and got it back on Friday. They replaced the display and SIM Card holder.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bubbless For This Useful Post:
. Also, if I sometimes share the network connection wirelessly from my Jolla, the battery consumption goes through the roof even after I turn the sharing of. I always have to reboot the phone to get the consumption back to normal.
Don't use wifi tethering but go USB:
Enable developer mode, open terminal and :

# pkcon install usb-moded-connection-sharing-android-config

If there is no extra option labeled internet sharing in the menu after plugging in a USB cable reboot. And there you go magic sharing of your phones internet to your laptop. (usb rndis with ip forwarding, dhcp server on the phone gives all info needed to your laptop)

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Philippe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 231 | Thanked: 143 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Tallinn, Estonia
I have been waiting for a long time for Insmat cases to be once again available in Jolla shop.

However, now I found even better solution - 19,95 EUR and free shipping in the EU: https://www.phonecaseseurope.com/pro...mat-flip-case/

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Silwer For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla, review, sailfish, the other half, user experience