Active Topics

@Quindor
I use a Samsung i550 atm and encounter absolutely no problems with rSAP. Maybe because it is based on the older (more reliable) S60 v3.

But like you I wished I could return to Nokia. If the N97 would be better hardware wise (like the N900) and use a slightly updated S60 that could make use of such a better hardware I would own one already.

But one thing is for sure: I would not want to miss rSAP. Never regretted buying that equipment for my VW because it is simply the best out there...

hello
as far as i understand there will be not support
i had to ask 3 time´s until nokia germany told me that there will be no rsap support for the n900 and that are no future plans for that

they told me that the n97 has a touchscreen and works with rsap

there are not very costumer oriented

htc and sony phone´s are not working with rsap try the htc touch diamond no way it is not working stable with rsap
only the nokiaphone´s like n97 and e71 are ok
hope the not very helpfull nokia hotline in germany is wrong and the n900 will get rsap it soon
still optimistic
gigi64

Posts: 53 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Netherlands
Since I have recieved my N900, I have made some tries to connect the N900 to my carkit, which, as expected, did not work.

The carkit just tells me "not a compatible mobile phone" which is expectable because of the missing rSAP. Sadly enough, I can't use AD2P either, since that is all interconnected.

Hoping someone will come forward who can do some work in this or nokia will hear our pleas and start working on a rSAP implementation. For business users with modern cars and intergrated carkits, this is an absolute must!

Currently using a dual-sim two phone setup....

I'm also very disappointed that the N900 doesn't support rSAP. Given that Nokia are about the only company who does provide decent support for this profile, I'm really surprised it's missing from the N900.

I was seriously considering the N900, but opted for a HD2 instead. This appeared to have been a mistake, as I couldn't get rSAP to work at all when I first tried. I've since managed to get it to work some of the time, but it's not very reliable. The problem actually seems to be with the PBAP profile, rather than rSAP, as it's when accessing the phonebook that the car disconnects.

On the plus side, HTC do actually seem to take these things seriously. They've sent me a debug HD2 with a bluetooth sniffer, and I'm currently working directly with their engineers in Taipei to sort this out. It's a shame Nokia aren't so proactive.............

As it stands, I may end up getting an N900, as Vodafone retail have stopped selling the HD2 and offered to allow me to change the HD2 for something else (this was after I complained about the rSAP problems). I'm really undecided on what to do. I'm certain that HTC will eventually sort out the problems, and I really love the 4.3" capacitive screen, but I just can't get along with Windows Mobile.

Quindor: What are your first impressions of the N900? Been interested to hear what you think.

Bagpuss.

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Netehrlands
Finally, Somebody is listening!

Comment #7 from zil....b...@gm..l.com 2010-01-03 23:22 GMT+3 -------
Created Brainstorm at
http://maemo.org/community/brainstor...pport_for_n900

Anyone wishing to have rSAP - go and promote, discuss this.

Unquote

So go to this link and VOTE !

Last edited by CrashandDie; 2010-01-20 at 05:17. Reason: Removed the email to protect the innocent

The Innocent are those responsible for rSAP!
Moving around the rSap issue from one Vote to the next, declaring bugs invalid, gaining time and slow the process.!
In the end there are NOT sufficient votes for rSAP - so why worry? They can sit on their asses and pretend to be busy (like sending emails why things should NOT be done!)

THis lot is just a bunch of civil servants pretending to be busy and filibusting progress.

As the cartoon says:'Your lungs are in great shape, Senator. Do you work out?' 'No, I filibuster several hours a day.'

The end of Maemo is nigh!

Last edited by jlnh; 2010-01-27 at 14:51. Reason: typo

I just double checked:
When I mailed Bugzilla at maemo.org on 20jan10-22.29 hours, there were 26 votes for Zikarus rSAP message - NOW: 7 (I jast made that 8)

This is part of the content of my mail to bugzilla:
"http:// +++ maemo.org/community/brainstorm/view/rsap-remote_sim-support_for_n900

Nevertheless in 2 weeks 26 voters were able to find the “Brainstorm”, mainly because I made some steam."

There is something rotten in the State of Denmark!

I making a copy of this message, because I assume it will be wiped soon!

I think blueZ (libraries supporting core Bluetooth layers and protocols in Linux) does not support RSAP.

Not sure if this is true, but we might need to pull some string over there.

Can anyone confirm this?

Registered to comment this issue.

Had older Nokia phones, and all of them were connecting with my cars (Toyota and VW Passat), and now with n900 there is no go. I'm took by surprise here.

Someone needs to address this ASAP; as this is not new stuff and its 2010. now...

Android guys are screaming also (it seems this Open Source and rSAP are not liking each other -- which is strange as my car unit in VW is Linux also).

http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=4402

I guess if we'd had this for Maemo, same SAP libraries could go for Adroid and vice versa. I put my hopes on BlueZ community as it doesn't seem likely anyone at Maemo will have this programmed.