Originally Posted by Bartcore3 View Post
Altough i have this problem a couple of months, only last week i started to have problems wit the usb connector as well. Could it be related?
what kinda problem?

I also have this very same issue, also with KP 50 and CSSU testing, but I am not sure what is causing it.
I do not have any problems with the USB connector, however I secured it using epoxy. But I don't think that is relevant because the problems started to appear a long time after I did that.

What usually helps is powering off and removing the battery for several seconds, until all capacitors are void of rest-electrons. You may try that. Admittedly it is not convenient since you have to set date/time again on bootup.

After a crash it is sometimes worse, rebooting several times until it works again.

Last edited by lohner; 2012-07-31 at 13:22.

Posts: 118 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Belgium
Originally Posted by lohner View Post
What usually helps is powering off and removing the battery for several seconds, until all capacitors are void of rest-electrons. You may try that. Admittedly it is not convenient since you have to set date/time again on bootup.
When i just bought my N900 (1.5 year ago) i did not notice that if the battery was out for more than 2 seconds, i had to re-set the date and time. So i'm not sure if this is normal or some internal components are broke.
Anyhow i've tried that. I even did it for 10 hours lol

Originally Posted by aadags View Post
am not an expert but i think ur bootlogging or whatever is in charge of booting is faulty. y dont u flash ur emmc with vanilla then flash rootfs with combined. combined should testrun bootlogging
i'll try that.. Maybe i ****ed something up when i did it last time. I think i'll do it saterday.. let's see how it turn out

Originally Posted by aadags View Post
what kinda problem?
Well TBH, it's even stranger than the problem i have now
I'll make it simple:
when i connect my phone to my laptop with the added USB-cable it works perfectly. When i unplug that cable from my laptop an plug it into a usb wall charger (notice i have not unplugged on the phone side and it did not even move!) the connector acts like it is broke. The cable that worked perfectly before, had to be bend to get a proper connection.
That was the simple explenation

Originally Posted by Bartcore3 View Post
Well TBH, it's even stranger than the problem i have now
I'll make it simple:
when i connect my phone to my laptop with the added USB-cable it works perfectly. When i unplug that cable from my laptop an plug it into a usb wall charger (notice i have not unplugged on the phone side and it did not even move!) the connector acts like it is broke. The cable that worked perfectly before, had to be bend to get a proper connection.
That was the simple explenation
man i tell u i had the same prob, get ready to repair a broken usb as that's what eventually happens

The Following User Says Thank You to aadags For This Useful Post:
Well, i guess i messed something up in the previous flash. I just re-flashed it now and so far, no problems...

i guess it's fixed. Thank you everyone and i'm sorry to have stolen your time with this stupid problem

Last edited by Bartcore3; 2012-08-05 at 16:04. Reason: i can't swear :)

Having the same problem again but less severe. It just shuts down once and then it works fine.
I think it has to do something with a program from extras-devel.
Not sure wich one but i noticed it reapearing after i installed multiple apps from that specific repo.

Posts: 1,161 | Thanked: 1,707 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Denmark
I would reflash and then install the apps (from extra-devel) one by one with time inbetween to catch the bugger.

Dousan...

My Søciety6:
http://society6.com/Dousan

Last edited by Dousan; 2012-08-11 at 07:39.