I saw a similar issue mentioned in another topic specific to an application, but I haven't been able to find any other reference to this issue elsewhere - also I'm just starting out developing in this environment so forgive me if I'm missing something painfully obvious

I've used Qt Creator to create an insanely simple interface (see the first screenshot), but the alignment and/or sizing seems different to that of the deployed app on the N900 (PR1.2) (see second screenshot). Is this something that has been identified/fixed? I can see this being more of an issue with a more complex GUI..
Attached Images

OK, I'm no developer but if I take a look at your screenshots I think you're really missing something:

The view in QT Developer seems not to be "hildnzied" wich means for me: 1) it doesn't use the Maemo system-font
2) if you take a good look at the 2 buttons: both are alined left BUT in with different corners (90 degree in first, roundet corner in the second) With a little eye.judgement I'd say that if you cut the roundet corners the boxes would be the same size.

I would'nt say that this would be a big problem with more complex UIs, just make the buttons a littlebit shorter to compensate for the roundet corners in hildon

Just my 2 cent,

Glasswalker

The Following User Says Thank You to Glasswalker For This Useful Post:
Posts: 724 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
I don't see a problem at all, the maemo/Nokia font is more compressed, so it might give the impression that there's something wrong with the alignment, but in actuality they're both aligned to the left it would seem. Unless you're talking about something else?

The Following User Says Thank You to tswindell For This Useful Post:
I think it is still better to use scratchbox to check how the UI looks.

Had a few issues getting it setup, thought I might take the easy road with Qt Creator - is scratchbox the only way to correctly preview the hildon theme?

Hi,

you can start the emulator from the SDK. This you can achieve by doing the following (based on latest Nokia Qt SDK):

1) Go to:

Code:
Tools -> Options -> Projects -> Maemo Device Configurations
2) Choose there "Maemo emulator", check "password" as authentication method, the user-name is "developer", the "password" field should be empty.

3) In your project select the device configuration (I called it "emulator" before) in your Maemo run settings:

4) Finally start it from here:

Hope that helps.

Daniel

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to danielwilms For This Useful Post: