Notices

hey, so far i love the app, but at my school, websence is used to block social networking sites.. but https://twitter.com still works for ex. could you add a feauture to be able to use https with twitter? i know it doesn't work with jaiku.

thanks!

Ok. So occasionally Mauku will be unable to update items and/or simply stall. You can hit the close button and quit the app but about an hour later your battery is dead. The activity monitor does not show any undue CPU usage. So what is going on when Mauku dies? What is left running that needs to be killed? It's pretty annoying to end up with a dead battery because Mauku can't update a twitter feed.

you could type: killall mauku
in the xterm and tthat should stop any process involving that app. I used to have a similar problem with my email client. Someone here showed me what to do...so every now and then I'd have use tthat command. I don't what changed but I never have use it anymore. It doesn't do i anymore. It is a good command to know for any problem like this.
You could also turn off you wifi for a minute. Then turn it back on.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
it seems to me that mauku have lost development steam after google talked about "killing" jaiku...

sad really, as adding some twitter features would really make it a powerful twitter app...

Posts: 381 | Thanked: 847 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by tso View Post
it seems to me that mauku have lost development steam after google talked about "killing" jaiku...
No, it is just being rewritten as part of Fremantle Stars, and that takes a while. I was recently in touch with the developer, and he is working on supporting Qaiku too.

The Following User Says Thank You to bergie For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Qaiku. What a dumb name. Who would start their name with a Q but not follow it with a "U"?

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by qole View Post
Qaiku. What a dumb name. Who would start their name with a Q but not follow it with a "U"?
Some know-it-all, I suppose.

The Following User Says Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Posts: 381 | Thanked: 847 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by qole View Post
Kaiku means "echo" in Finnish, and the company behind Qaiku is from Helsinki

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bergie For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by icbolsh View Post
you could type: killall mauku
in the xterm and tthat should stop any process involving that app. I used to have a similar problem with my email client. Someone here showed me what to do...so every now and then I'd have use tthat command. I don't what changed but I never have use it anymore. It doesn't do i anymore. It is a good command to know for any problem like this.
You could also turn off you wifi for a minute. Then turn it back on.

Thanks I looked at "top" one time after quiting a stalled session of mauku and saw nothing with mauku in the name. So does anyone know what processes mauku spawns? It's truely annoying particularly when out traveling far from home and having the tablet go dead because of mauku. the e-mail problem was bad enough.

I may have to go back to mitter.