Active Topics

Posts: 151 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Sep 2006 @ Mexico City, Mexico
Where on the N900 can I control the privacy settings of my accounts.?

Every time I turn on my N900, it changes my Facebook account to announce my "online" status (for chat purposes), which I don't want it to be that way. So, at my desktop I have to change it back to "offline" every single time.

Also, on all other IM accounts, it seems that the account is also openly announced to be only and open for chats to anyone. I am getting chat requests from tons of people.

Those are not the settings I have either on my desktop Linux or the ones I had on the N810. I want my accounts to be "hidden" and/or be announced ONLY to people on my friends/contacts lists. How is this done ? Or how to make it work properly ?

Thanks for your time and comments. Best regards.

Last edited by febb; 2010-05-03 at 06:13.

Posts: 151 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Sep 2006 @ Mexico City, Mexico
Anyone ?
I really can't believe there are no users that have had issues with privacy or "hidden" settings on your messaging accounts as I explained above.

I really hate that the N900 sets the "online" status for a Facebook account every time its turned on (the N900). I want to be "online" on Facebook, but not all users on FB to see me as "online".

On the other hand, I only want users I approve (or that are on my contacts/friends lists) to be able to send me messages, not every other single random user out there.