Posts: 701 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Italy
I used to use Plucker on my PC and schedule it to download new file version every morning (news, etc.) then transfer them on my TH55 wirelessly via SMBMate (sort of Samba to access the pc filesystem and operate on the files)

Is there any program that does the same thing on N770?

Thanks

You could probably do the same thing via NFS from a script on the 770.

A better way would be a BT obex push from your desktop. That functionality is not built into the 770 but there is a package available. Check maemo.org

I checked about the possibility of mounting NFS resources but didn't understand if this is possible having a XP Pro desktop computer, and not a Linuxbox.

Any advice?

http://maemo.org/maemowiki/HowToAccessWindowsFS

There you go... I would recommend browsing the maemo.org wiki, a lot of useful stuff there.
David

I downloaded nfs servers from sourceforge and will try it this evening.

Thanks for your help, and I'll let you know what I got :-)

It's also worth noting there are ssh/scp clients for the 770 (dropbear which requires the xterm but not root for the client, and openssh which I don't use and know fairly little about).

Like NFS, secure shell is more at home on *nix than windows. I haven't used them, but cygwin allegedly allows one to run ssh service from a windows box and sshwindows allegedly packages it in a fairly friendly way.

Not that nfs isn't a good way to do what you want, but ssh is another option.