Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
Originally Posted by SubCore View Post
you did so yourself... this falls under "illegal material".
Illegal under what law in what country?

please continue reporting such posts, the admins/mods will definitely react, though it might take some time.
the more reports, the quicker it'll go.
No - I've stopped doing it now as it's a waste of time. See my post here - and count how many replies I got.

You seem to be speaking with some authority. How come you can be so sure that "the admins/mods will definitely react"?

Posts: 158 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Timisoara, Romania
Maybe breaking with the hammer is also illegal

Posts: 850 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by jedi View Post
Illegal under what law in what country?
the act of unlocking isn't illegal. in fact, operators in the EU are obliged to provide some sort of unlocking service (mostly for a fee).
however, "inofficial" software to do that usually implements some circumvention method which might be considered illegal in some countries - namely the US. (reverse engineering, DMCA)

No - I've stopped doing it now as it's a waste of time. See my post here - and count how many replies I got.

You seem to be speaking with some authority. How come you can be so sure that "the admins/mods will definitely react"?
i have no authority
i just based that on my experience with this board... so far, i had a reaction to every report i made, though i don't visit here often any more. maybe that has changed... too bad.

Posts: 119 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rotterdam, port to Europe !
Locked phones are soooooo last decade !
As the OP pointed out, he will pay his contract fees. No obligation to use the phone or 'minutes' from the provider in the contract.

In The Netherlands phones are no longer (for many years now) sold with a SIM-lock, for just this reason as on the market or any corner of the street unlocking was offered for 10,= Euro's.

Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
the act of unlocking isn't illegal. in fact, operators in the EU are obliged to provide some sort of unlocking service (mostly for a fee).
however, "inofficial" software to do that usually implements some circumvention method which might be considered illegal in some countries - namely the US. (reverse engineering, DMCA)

i have no authority
i just based that on my experience with this board... so far, i had a reaction to every report i made, though i don't visit here often any more. maybe that has changed... too bad.
So, discussion of unlocking is not against any rules as you originally implied then. Thanks for clearing that up.

The Following User Says Thank You to jedi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by GTwalk View Post
Hello, Can anyone please tell me how to unlock my N9 which is operator sim locked. I tried all kinds of flashing but no luck.
please help!
have you contected the operator which has locked the device to give instructions how to unlock it?

Just to avoid scenarios that someone pays 1euro for operator locked phone with false identity information (ie not going to pay for monthy fees), and then sells then cheaply to next owners who don't know how to unlock. In any case operator should be able to give you step by step instructions howto unlock.

And are you sure that your really operator sim locked, and not trying to unlock the normal lockcode (which is easy to do). Can you give some screenshots of error messages when your non-operator sim is the device?

Last edited by rainisto; 2012-03-22 at 16:36.

Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
have you contected the operator which has locked the device to give instructions how to unlock it?

Just to avoid scenarios that someone pays 1euro for operator locked phone with false identity information (ie not going to pay for monthy fees), and then sells then cheaply to next owners who don't know how to unlock. In any case operator should be able to give you step by step instructions howto unlock.

And are you sure that your really operator sim locked, and not trying to unlock the normal lockcode (which is easy to do). Can you give some screenshots of error messages when your non-operator sim is the device?
Yes, I'm 100% sure that the mobile is sim locked. Please find the attachment you asked for.
Attached Images

Originally Posted by GTwalk View Post
Yes, I'm 100% sure that the mobile is sim locked. Please find the attachment you asked for.
So what happens if you enter the unlockcode that operator provides in that query? Not the "#pw+unlockcode+1#" but just the "unlockcode" as its just the number string.

Posts: 850 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by jedi View Post
So, discussion of unlocking is not against any rules as you originally implied then. Thanks for clearing that up.
No, but linking to a solution probably will be

No, but linking to a solution probably will be
Solution is of course just to enter right unlock code to the dialog :-)