Here’s a must have app that is coming to the Nokia N900 and to Maemo. The Link Internet UI Concept lets you aggregate you contacts/friends information across different social networks, follow links, as well as search content from these services.

http://maemotalk.com/2009/09/02/link...et-ui-concept/

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Reggie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 631 | Thanked: 1,123 times | Joined on Sep 2005 @ Helsinki
Linked UI is actually more than just an app, it's... a platform or a system, whichever word you would prefer to use.

http://research.nokia.com/research/linkedui

"It consists of a custom-built web runtime on top of QTWebKit, the Linked Internet UI Platform, written using HTML5, JavaScript, and a SQL database backend. The platform supports online and offline operation and is able to synchronize data with services for efficient offline use."

They're definitely doing some interesting work. I've met the guys a couple of times and exchanged some ideas with them.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ragnar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Thanks for that. Interesting to see the prototype Maemo 5 device and UI, if nothing else.

It looks more like a n900 in a hardcase

Originally Posted by ColdFusion View Post
It looks more like a n900 in a hardcase
You know, that's what I thought first when I saw the device. But then I started thinking, why would they show the N900 in a hard case considering it's been announced? The two possibilities that leap to mind are A) the video was made a while ago and Nokia wasn't sure if they were going to announce the device yet or B) it's another Maemo device (different from the N900) that's in development.

Still, was it just me, or did anybody else think of the the spyshots that you see of unannounced cars in black camouflage? So now we're going to see camo for phones? That's too funny.

Anyways, the concept looks excellent. Considering all the social services out there, tracking all of them does get unwieldy at times and this looks to make it far more manageable for users.

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 734 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Nomadic
i like this a lot. Changing the idea of a p.latform from OS ans apps to people and connecting with them. Makes me happy, and its web-based to which should make it even more fun to extend.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
It looks like the n900 without the black faceplate actually. You can clearly see the sensors and camera (?) near the earphone opening.

BadMojoUT it's A).
It's just an ugly temporary prototype case so that the innards don't fall out. It even says "prototype" on the right side if you look closer.