Notices

Originally Posted by moepda View Post
unfortunately same as nothing changed from yesterday for conky widget...forgot to mention that conky loads from xterm with that command
Can you try again please.Sorry for the delay, had to recreate a conf file.
Dousan can you also test please even though you have it working.

Last edited by techie; 2010-10-23 at 12:14.

Posts: 532 | Thanked: 949 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Uk for 6months then Thailand
[QUOTE=techie;848193]Advanced Conky Launcher

Conky is a very powerful tool to display system information, however no tabs and scrolling means very limited information can be squeezed into one window.
This is why I created three separate conky configuration files to address only specific categories in each window viz. CPU, Resources and Network.
To top that, you can even launch them simultaneously! (Disclaimer: May cause performance issues)

No problem it works fine... As you can see on mine! Great work

Kind Regards Qosmio
Attached Images

http://s1031.photobucket.com/albums/y372/q0smio/

N900 x 2 Overclocked at 900 Mhz.
Samsung Galaxy S 2
iPhone 4 (Jailbroken)

The Following User Says Thank You to qosmio For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,161 | Thanked: 1,707 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Denmark
@techie can't make it work with the new acl.sh file, but if i reproduce the steps from the old acl.sh file i can make it work again?

Don't know what the problem is, it doesn't help to delete #'yourname' (second line) in the new acl.sh file eventhough it looks identical to the old as far as i can see?

So i'm gonna stick with the old acl.sh file that works for me

Just let me know if there's anything else i can do

My Søciety6:
http://society6.com/Dousan

Posts: 334 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ United Kingdom
using latest files from techie conky QBW working better but not perfect tabs change , info displays correctly but cant actually open conky itself from widget. not a worry personally though as can still use icon on desktop. of course if you could fix ?

@msand83
Excellent work.I would request that you list the ids you used for your widget so its easier for all of us to configure it on ours.
for eg next and previous update another widget using its id.Now I was able to find that its of play widget 'cause not only does it make logical sense but also because its my code
It would be much easier for everyone if you listed them.

@qosmio thanks for reporting back.Seems the script is now working (would appreciate more feedback), however (from moepda's post) running conky as background process is unpredictable on other devices.
I always prefer one widget to do everything but if conky won't launch then I will be forced to create 3 separate qbw's to launch conky for each.
Let me know if its working for anyone else

The Following User Says Thank You to techie For This Useful Post:
?? You are saying images did not display for my OCCP widget.Make sure they were copied correctly

I copied your code, so it should be good.
But it would be cool to add a color here or there.. the functions work; i see temp, cpuspeed,root, battery%.. But i'm thinking what can ben more possible..
should the "stock" and "ideal" zone have a function? Because in my case, they don't.
And I read that other ppl have the same problem :-)

The images are gone thx.

thx for your effort!

Last edited by Kenny1001; 2010-10-23 at 16:40.

Originally Posted by techie View Post
@msand83
Excellent work.I would request that you list the ids you used for your widget so its easier for all of us to configure it on ours.
for eg next and previous update another widget using its id.Now I was able to find that its of play widget 'cause not only does it make logical sense but also because its my code
It would be much easier for everyone if you listed them.
Thank you Sorry I didn't realise it was you that made the mediabuttons! So thank you for the code
The ID's are listed in the zip file, ex. next_id23.txt and playpause_id21.txt

Posts: 334 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ United Kingdom
is anyone having dbus errors with techie occp widget on pr1.3 ? was ok on pr1.2 but happens now on pr1.3.> i am but unsure of dbus to rectify...this is error message everytime i unlock phone using sidelock button..not apparent using "secure device" option only lock keys option...

error enabling (qbw subsystem_timer)
subsystem(s) disabled in qbw instance (id8!)

Last edited by moepda; 2010-10-27 at 08:14.

Conky widget isn't working for me, it animates but can't change tabs and it shows nothing.

Originally Posted by Kenny1001 View Post
?? You are saying images did not display for my OCCP widget.Make sure they were copied correctly

I copied your code, so it should be good.
But it would be cool to add a color here or there.. the functions work; i see temp, cpuspeed,root, battery%.. But i'm thinking what can ben more possible..
should the "stock" and "ideal" zone have a function? Because in my case, they don't.
And I read that other ppl have the same problem :-)

The images are gone thx.

thx for your effort!
Yes the stock and ideal are supposed to perform functions.I am not aware of anyone else having problems with my widget, don't know how you concluded that
To me it seems the import wasn't completely successful on your device,please try again.
Also read the first post about the widget thoroughly, it is very clear about how to set it up and configure it to your own requirements.

@moepda
Thanks for reporting, however I haven't updated to pr1.3 so can't inspect.In any case No!No!No!Yes! will need to provide a fix in his app so make sure he is aware of it

@RAZOR
Please report output of these commands in terminal
Code:
sh /home/user/acl.sh 2 5 id
Code:
osso-xterm -e "nohup conky -qdc /home/user/CPU_conky.conf & exit"

Last edited by techie; 2010-10-27 at 08:55.

The Following User Says Thank You to techie For This Useful Post: