Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,161 | Thanked: 1,707 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Denmark
That is just bloody awesome No!No!No!Yes! Will test it later on today, this app just keeping on getting better and better

Yes very cool idea D4 But how to scale the .png to fit both portrait and landscape? I take that you want the wallpaper to allways have he same direction, say if you have something writtten it will display correct no matter what direction you hold the phone?

e: works like a charm No!No!No!Yes! super über cool

One question how to figure out the cordinates for the position of icon when move ist set to 'true'. This test icon off yours is in the down left corner, but what if i where to set another icon beside it, where to get those numbers?

Lol offcouse D4 have two .png's or four to every direction like the test icon, this is very cool stuff

But a weekend well spend unless you ask the better half

My Søciety6:
http://society6.com/Dousan

Last edited by Dousan; 2010-10-29 at 07:55.

Posts: 675 | Thanked: 923 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by Dousan View Post
That is just bloody awesome No!No!No!Yes! Will test it later on today, this app just keeping on getting better and better

Yes very cool idea D4 But how to scale the .png to fit both portrait and landscape? I take that you want the wallpaper to allways have he same direction, say if you have something writtten it will display correct no matter what direction you hold the phone?
This app is just ridiculous... lol there goes my weekend!

Easy solution Dousan, just have two separate wallpapers

Kind Regards,
D4rKlar
* D4rKlar on DeviantART * Maemo5 on DeviantART *
_
* M4riNa D4rK Theme and Iconset *
_

The Following User Says Thank You to D4rKlar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 675 | Thanked: 923 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by techie View Post
I couldn't get any time to study the new features introduced in QBW but what you ask seems simple really
Use the code by No!No!No!Yes! for determining orientation and accordingly change the wallpaper using this command
Code:
gconftool-2 -s /apps/osso/hildon-desktop/views/<desktop-number>/bg-image -t string <path_to_image>
Modified hildon-desktop may be required though even if you use 4 screens.
Nice idea btw.Use a portrait wallpaper if in portrait orientation I might work on it tomorrow if you don't
@techie thank you so much! Haven't had a chance to try it out yet (just got my desktops back after PR1.3 ) but will definitely give this and the icon rotation a go this weekend,

Kind Regards,
D4rKlar
* D4rKlar on DeviantART * Maemo5 on DeviantART *
_
* M4riNa D4rK Theme and Iconset *
_

One question how to figure out the cordinates for the position of icon when move ist set to 'true'. This test icon off yours is in the down left corner, but what if i where to set another icon beside it, where to get those numbers?
Code:
app="browser"
move="true";
laxy="0,292";
poxy="644,292";
laixy="644,56";
poixy="0,56"
Have your screen in landscape:
Code:
x,y
0,0  --------------------------  799,0
|     CLOCK/ICONS/OPERATOR BAR       |
0,56 -------------------------- 799,56
|                                    |
0,419 ------------------------ 799,419
Scripts may know widget metrics and position via:
$QBW_WIDTH
$QBW_HEIGHT
$QBW_POSITION_X
$QBW_POSITION_Y

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to No!No!No!Yes! For This Useful Post:
@No!No!No!Yes!
Love the new animation effects.
Why did you remove the file-names of images from the wiki,I found it really useful the way it was earlier and also in your post
Also I cannot get the logging to activate through the settings (tbh never could), what am I doing wrong.I can get it to work using touch command or manually creating the logger file.
In addition can you please change the timestamp to syslog format (eg Sep 24 08:24:40) as it is easier to infer.

Thanks a bunch for all the new features

@No!No!No!Yes!
Love the new animation effects.
Why did you remove the file-names of images from the wiki,I found it really useful the way it was earlier and also in your post
They're back again...

Also I cannot get the logging to activate through the settings (tbh never could), what am I doing wrong.I can get it to work using touch command or manually creating the logger file.
No way to enable logger from picker ... only via dbus and touchfile http://wiki.maemo.org/Queen_BeeCon_W...ging_Subsystem
Actually ... can't remember why this choice ... I'll rethink about it... ... Oh, Yes! Now I recall ... as v4 is very verbose and risk is to fill /home fs, I want to be sure you really want/need logfile and you don't activate it by mistake. I permanently live with .v4 touchlogfile ...

In addition can you please change the timestamp to syslog format (eg Sep 24 08:24:40) as it is easier to infer. (I needed uSecs for timing issues and code re-entrancy issues)
Gotta think about this also ...

The Following User Says Thank You to No!No!No!Yes! For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by D4rKlar View Post
OK starting sloooooooow... if you get the chance (I know you're busy mate so absolutely no rush ) ...how would someone go about changing their wallpaper depending on orientation?
D4rKlar, to change the background image just overwrite one of the background files in /home/user/.backgrounds with the image you want. It only takes a second for the OS to then display it on screen.So it should be quite easy.

The Following User Says Thank You to JonWW For This Useful Post:
@No!No!No!Yes! I've tried to make some additions to your animation in the test icon for rotation/orientation. I took your .png file and made four extra images from that in gimp and named them browser-frame1/2/3/4.png and put them in .queen-beecon-dir in home user. I then set the frames to 5 and msec to 200 but my four doesn't show? What am i doing wrong here?
Would really like to be able to change the animation to my own custom animation at some point

Ohh and one thing, when i only had the one test icon/beecon it showed the animation while turningthe phone but now when i've 2 no anomation shows and if i remove one it still doesn't show? Is this a bug? No biggy i actually like it without animation when turning the phone portrait/landscape

My Søciety6:

@No!No!No!Yes! I've tried to make some additions to your animation in the test icon for rotation/orientation. I took your .png file and made four extra images from that in gimp and named them browser-frame1/2/3/4.png and put them in .queen-beecon-dir in home user. I then set the frames to 5 and msec to 200 but my four doesn't show? What am i doing wrong here?
Would really like to be able to change the animation to my own custom animation at some point

Ohh and one thing, when i only had the one test icon/beecon it showed the animation while turningthe phone but now when i've 2 no anomation shows and if i remove one it still doesn't show? Is this a bug? No biggy i actually like it without animation when turning the phone portrait/landscape
please post export and your images .. I'm not sure but could be that command exec lasts too short to display complete animation

I take the text you want is this (hope):

Code:
[queen-beecon-header]
version=1,000000
checksum=5357960
[queen-beecon-exported-instance]
widgetType=0
widgetVisible=1
operationalStatus=0
hideCanvas=true
hideClickCanvas=true
snippetBgRGB=0
snippetExtBgRGB=#000000000000
beecon_lt0_ImgZoom=0
beecon_lt0_BgRGB=2
beecon_lt0_ExtBgRGB=#808080808080
beecon_lt0_ImgFilename=queen-beecon-syserr.png
beecon_eq0_ImgZoom=0
beecon_eq0_BgRGB=3
beecon_eq0_ExtBgRGB=#00005cfc0000
beecon_eq0_ImgFilename=queen-beecon-appok.png
beecon_eq1_ImgZoom=0
beecon_eq1_BgRGB=4
beecon_eq1_ExtBgRGB=#ffffffff0000
beecon_eq1_ImgFilename=queen-beecon-appwrn.png
beecon_ge2_ImgZoom=0
beecon_ge2_BgRGB=5
beecon_ge2_ExtBgRGB=#ffff00000000
beecon_ge2_ImgFilename=queen-beecon-apperr.png
beecon_idxge2_ImgZoom=11
beecon_idxge2_BgRGB=11
beecon_idxge2_ExtBgRGB=#0000ffffffff
beecon_idxge2_ImgFilename=terminal.png
widWidth=156
widHeight=156
instanceTitle=xterm 
instanceCmd=app="osso-xterm"\nmove="false";\nlaxy="0,292";poxy="644,292";laixy="644,56";poixy="0,56"\nif [ "$QBW_EXEC_REASON" == "QBW_CLICK" ];then\n   dbus-send --dest=com.nokia.HildonDesktop.AppMgr /com/nokia/HildonDesktop/AppMgr com.nokia.HildonDesktop.AppMgr.LaunchApplication string:"$app"\nfi\n\ncase "$QBW_ORIENTATION_MODE" in\n   "portrait")             xy=$poxy;xt=4 ;;\n   "landscape (inverted)") xy=$laixy;xt=5 ;;\n   "portrait (inverted)")  xy=$poixy;xt=6 ;;\n   *)                      xy=$laxy;xt=3 ;;\nesac\nif [ "$move" == "true" ];then dbus-send --session --type=method_call --dest=oh.no.more.qbw /oh/no/more/qbw$QBW_ID oh.no.more.qbw.set_position int32:"`echo $xy|cut -d, -f1`" int32:"`echo $xy|cut -d, -f2`";fi;\nexit $xt\n
rememberMe=
cmdImgFilename=terminal.png
cmdImgAngle=0
cmdImgZoom=11
cmdFgRGB=1
cmdExtFgRGB=#ffffffffffff
cmdTextAngle=0
cmdVisibilityPosition=0
cmdImgVisibilityPosition=0
cmdJustify=2
cmdExtFont=Nokia Sans 10
cmdFontName=3
cmdFontSize=12
resImgFilename=queen-beecon-resimg.png
resImgAngle=0
resImgZoom=0
resFgRGB=1
resExtFgRGB=#ffff00000000
resTextAngle=0
resVisibilityPosition=0
resImgVisibilityPosition=5
resJustify=0
resExtFont=Nokia Sans bold italic 18
resFontName=2
resFontSize=12
progressAnimationFrames=5
progressAnimationTimer=2
progressAnimationPos=4
progressAnimationAtClickXY=false
progressAnimationBasename=browser-frame
updOnStartup=true
updOnClick=true
updOnDesktop=false
updOnSight=false
delayIndex=0
customIntervalSecs=0
updNeworkPolicy=0
updOnDBUS=0
updOnDBUSBus=0
updOnDBUSMatchRule=
resWrapLongLines=false
multiClick=false
updOnOrientation=true
GPSsettings=0
And .png's in the zip:
Animation_test .zip

My Søciety6:

Last edited by Dousan; 2010-10-29 at 21:59.