Originally Posted by nisheet View Post
i tried to install NEMO on my mmc with following all instructions on NEMO wiki and the data gets copied easyly on my UBUNTU11.10 but after that every time my mmc gets currupted error and i m not able to use NEMO plzzzz some one give me a good solution to this problem...

thanxxxxxxxx in advance...
I got the same error for the first time i tried to installed, so I formatted the card with SDFormatter and tried once again, it succeeded... (p.s. On Win7 with uboot+pr13 version in devel repos )

The Following User Says Thank You to TransTech For This Useful Post:
Posts: 196 | Thanked: 224 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Africa
Originally Posted by Netweaver View Post
can u give details on the exact error messages and the brand/size/class of the card ?
There is investigation going on in the root cause.
But most (if not all) of these issues are with the Pali version of uboot. Not with the 'official' uboot+pr13 version from the repos and not with some older, much more limited versions.
It's a Nemo kernel issue combined with (probably) slightly higher access/init timings in some newer class 6 and class 10 cards.

Also you say the card is corrupted after trying to boot with it again. What is 'corrupt' to you ?
My post is about a 'Official u-boot' (the one from Meego 1.1 days) on CSSU-testing, on 3 different cards, one 4GB class 4 (which has run about 3 or 4 different Meego images without problem) and 2 brand-new cards, 1 16 GB class 4 and 1 8GB Class 10.

I am not running any funny stuff (I had KP *long* *long* ago for mobile-hotspot, but removed it with PR1.3 / u-boot, Meego 1.1 as I don't need hotspot feature now), so currently no KP, no new u-boot, no battery or speed patch of any kind. The only potentially funny stuff is CSSU-testing, but that still means stock kernel etc.

I will try and test with an older Meego image on all of these cards today.

Posts: 276 | Thanked: 224 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Frankfurt, Germany
Qole ported his Easy Debian to Harmattan, as described in this post: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=82114
It's called HarmChom and should allow to run apps from other distros in a chroot environment. I was able to open firefox10 from oneiric on the n900, it's a bit unstable but it should be generally possible to use up2date debapps on top of nemo on the n900!
Update: Audacity1.3.13-beta is recording and playing out of the box

Last edited by mankir; 2012-02-08 at 15:37.

Posts: 176 | Thanked: 190 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Italy
Can some dev try again in asking Nokia the GPS driver source code? Now they are with Microsoft, I hope that they won't care anymore about their "closed source components" and they'll be more kind with us

EDIT: With "source code" I mean the missing part that allow us to communicate with the GPS chip through the modem..If I am not wrong Nemo lack of GPS too because of this..they could unlock two projects (Nemo and Nitdroid) with a piece of code
Last edited by blackjack4it; 01-24-2012 at 12:13 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to blackjack4it For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by blackjack4it View Post
Can some dev try again in asking Nokia the GPS driver source code? Now they are with Microsoft, I hope that they won't care anymore about their "closed source components" and they'll be more kind with us

EDIT: With "source code" I mean the missing part that allow us to communicate with the GPS chip through the modem..If I am not wrong Nemo lack of GPS too because of this..they could unlock two projects (Nemo and Nitdroid) with a piece of code
Last edited by blackjack4it; 01-24-2012 at 12:13 PM.
We have a plugin that qt mobility builds against, which has the N900 location stack. It's working but not rewired in after Mer rebase of the UI/hardware adaptation. Closed source, but redistributable
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
We have a plugin that qt mobility builds against, which has the N900 location stack. It's working but not rewired in after Mer rebase of the UI/hardware adaptation. Closed source, but redistributable
Is possible to port that feature in Nitdroid too?

Is possible to port that feature in Nitdroid too?
Not really. It's a pretty full framework with dbus needed, closed binaries, etc.
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
Ok, thanks for answering last favour, could you please give me the link of the source code of that plugin? thank you

Last edited by blackjack4it; 2012-02-08 at 15:52.

Ok, thanks for answering last favour, could you please give me the link of the source code of that plugin? thank you
"Closed source" usually implies there's no source.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
Posts: 131 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Indonesia
can maemo, tripleboot with nitdroid and mer.. ??