Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
http://reviewjolla.blogspot.co.uk/20...akkajarvi.html

Highlights

• New gcc 4.8 based tool chain is used on SailfishOS platform from this release onwards, bringing C++11, among other things
  • Alien Dalvik (Android support): Added 'Android Support' settings to Settings > System > in the 'Info' section
  • Option to prevent Android apps from accessing your contacts
  • Option to Stop/Start Android support
  • Added a settings page for Android applications in Settings > App from where you can control how the installed application works on your Jolla device (Force stop, Clear cache, Clear data, and running the app on background). Having the option to run Android applications on background enables receiving notifications for Android messaging apps even when the app is closed.
  • Better WLAN connection handling for Android apps
  • Introduce certificate handling middleware (p11-kit). All crypto libraries now share one CA store.
  • Update to PulseAudio 6.0, improving Bluetooth audio
  • Possibility to choose different keyboard layouts for Bluetooth keyboards if paired with one for different languages via Settings > System > Text input > Active layout

Security fixes
CVE-2013-7423 CVE-2014-0172 CVE-2014-8116 CVE-2014-8117 CVE-2014-8484 CVE-2014-8485 CVE-2014-8501 CVE-2014-8502 CVE-2014-8503 CVE-2014-8504 CVE-2014-8737 CVE-2014-9402 CVE-2014-9447 CVE-2014-9496 CVE-2015-0247 CVE-2015-1472 CVE-2015-1473 CVE-2015-1572 CVE-2015-2806 CVE-2015-3143 CVE-2015-3144 CVE-2015-3145 CVE-2015-3148 CVE-2015-3153

Known issues
OS update process:

• If you have phonehook from OpenRepos installed uninstall it before upgrading.
  • Currently, checks on available disk space happens very late during the OS upgrade process and will fail in the installation phase if the disk space is low. Normally there should be an error note asking you to free some disk space and try again, but in some marginal cases it might not be shown. Should this happen, free some disk space and try to install the OS update again.
  • OS update may fail due to some other reasons too, for example it may have installed some packages from the new release and still have something left from the old. If the device can boot up, you can try to recover by doing the following. If not, you can attempt to recover the device using the recovery mode.
    • Delete the file /home/nemo/.cache/store-client/os-info
    • Stop the store-client process (for e.g. pkill store-client)
    • Reopen Settings app, check for updates again and attempt to install the OS update again
  • We have also noted that if the OS update is attempted while there is long queue of installation of apps from the Store, the system may end up in mixed state (for e.g. select all the apps from startup wizard, and start the system update already while the apps are being installed). In such cases, the OS update appears to be stalled, however it is just waiting for the installations to complete before attempting to upgrade the OS. Just wait patiently, the worst thing to do here is to reboot the device!

The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to mrsellout For This Useful Post:
Posts: 405 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London, UK
Really should link here as the source, especially as it will be kept up-to-date if any issues emerge:
https://together.jolla.com/question/...-bjorntrasket/

Installing now...

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to vitaminj For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
why no jarvi? bjorntrasketjarvi

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Träsket means 'swamp' or something in Swedish.

Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Installed without any hickups.
Dalvik App settings confirmed working.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Initial impression is that it feels snappier, both using and launching apps (both native and Android ones).

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JulmaHerra For This Useful Post:
I had problem that gallery did not show pictures. First tried restart and gallery started to found them. (Did not need manual re-indexing.)

New Jolla store layout!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KylliOrvokki For This Useful Post:
Posts: 307 | Thanked: 1,460 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Switzerland
Lots of mentions of SIP and PC Suite in the changelog. Anything visible?

The Following User Says Thank You to billranton For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
When I try to "Install" from the pulley menu (after the update is downloaded), the phone just seems to switch off and nothing happens. I've waited more than 30 minutes, still nothing. I've tried while connected to power and also on battery (80%) only. When I finally wanted to reboot because nothing happened, I got a red persistent LED the first time (had to remove the battery for it to turn off and finally reboot the phone). The second time, on battery, the LED just stayed a few seconds and then I could reboot normally. After both reboots, the phone was in flight mode. Settings say I use only 8 GB out of 13.75, so I guess it should be sufficient, right?

What am I missing?

[Edit] It seems to be working (at least I have the "Sailfish" update screen) now that I did that. Not sure if it is what solved the issue though.

Last edited by Kabouik; 2015-07-15 at 13:38.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Stuck at 98-99% like some others in TJC. Had no patches installed and did not disable any OR repos. Oh well...

EDIT: Pulled the battery. New store layout, Gallery empty at first (reboot helped). SFOS 1.1.7.24, still claims 1.1.7.24 update available but does nothing ("Waiting for connection"). Maybe this would get fixed with the next update but IIRC there was a way to fix this with Terminal but I might be wrong... have to try to search for that sometime later.

EDIT2:
  • Delete the file /home/nemo/.cache/store-client/os-info
  • Stop the store-client process (for e.g. pkill store-client)
  • Reopen Settings app, check for updates again and attempt to install the OS update again
Renamed the file, killed the process and did Check for updates. Seems fixed (for now).

Last edited by tmi; 2015-07-15 at 15:04.

The Following User Says Thank You to tmi For This Useful Post: