Active Topics

Notices

@chill: The answer is somewhere in this thread, amongst the 1,899 posts. The lucky dip aka forum search isn't finding a great deal so I've resorted to going through one page at a time. :/

Originally Posted by stickymick View Post
@chill: The answer is somewhere in this thread, amongst the 1,899 posts. The lucky dip aka forum search isn't finding a great deal so I've resorted to going through one page at a time. :/
Agreed about forum search; I personally have been using a combination of google search and one page at a time. Thanks, it helps to know that the answer is there somewhere so I guess I'll keep looking. No luck yet, though.

Beginning to think it's permanently broken for me :/
I've as far back as I can see in this thread and can't find a fix. A lot of the links don't work anymore so I'm unable to try everything.

Damn and poop!!!!

Originally Posted by chill View Post
Agreed about forum search; I personally have been using a combination of google search and one page at a time. Thanks, it helps to know that the answer is there somewhere so I guess I'll keep looking. No luck yet, though.
Yaahhhh, finally got it sorted

You sussed yours out yet, chill?

If not do this:

Uninstall cuteTube-QML first.....might as well start with a clean slate. Then from x-term, while as root....

Originally Posted by NightShift79 View Post
try
Code:
apt-get install libqt4-declarative
Then restart followed by another visit to x-term. As root again....

Code:
apt-get install mcsp

Then visit the first post in this thread and download cuteTube-QML from the link and install via file manager, or if you've got Hamster Filer installed you can do it from there by navigating to the folder where you downloaded the file and just tapping the "qmltube_1_3_3_armel.deb".
You should be good to go then.

Took a while finding those bits of info, but got there in the end.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stickymick For This Useful Post:
Well as I wrote, I just put the widgets back on manually one by one, including the cutetube one, and it all works now, including the cutetube application. So I guess I won't try to fix it now that it's not broken. I do wonder, however, why the installation of cutetube (apparently) removed my widgets, and what will happen if/when I install cutetube again.

Ahhh, "I see now" said the blindman. Thought you were having the same issues I was, where you were placing the cuteTube widget on desktop but it wasn't showing.

If I remember, the disappearing widgets was an old problem that never got fixed. Something to do with a conflict between python and something else, can't remember the exact details. All mine disappeared when I finally got my cuteTube sorted.

A forum sear.......... I mean a "lucky dip" might turn something up, I'm sure it was discussed somewhere.

The Following User Says Thank You to stickymick For This Useful Post:
Posts: 566 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Lower Saxony
When trying to use the cutetube player I get garbled video like on the attached pic. Audio is fine. Same videos work fine in KMPlayer or MediaPlayer. Used to work fine in the 1.4.x version. Settings are defaults
I use plain Vanilla Maemo with KP51, no CSSU. No 720p hacks.
Is there a fix? I use a lot of playlists they don't work with the other Players
Attached Images

Is that via Youtube or Dailymotion?

I used to see that on Dailymotion....... a lot. Now when I try to play a video from Dailymotion cuteTube crashes back to desktop and clears it's search history.

Been getting one or two failed downloads, but retrying again a couple minutes later meets with success.

cuteTube-QML 1.3.3 works well for me except these two issues:

The first one, is what stickymick mentioned already: Trying to open any video in DailyMotion just crashes the program, so DailyMotion is not usable.

The other issue affects YouTube, and it has also been mentioned. It doesn't always take place (it takes a few times to reproduce normally) but it always ends up happening in 1.3.3.:
- Do a search, and from the list of results, click directly on the thumbnail to start the video.
- At this point, sometimes it works, and sometimes it starts loading and then returns to the list of results. If this is the case, when the next video is played, the previous video's sound will be played over (somebody referred to that as double sound earlier). If you go back to the list of results, you will still hear the sound of the first video you tried to play and failed, even though no videos are playing. So cuteTube still has that stream open and is playing it.
- If the failure is not reproduced, go back and click another thumbnail in the results list, until a video doesn't play. Then you will be able to reproduce the issue.

When a video starts loading and doesn't play it's time to quit cuteTube and restart the program, because it is not possible to play other videos acceptably.

Originally, I ran the 1.3.3 update over 1.3.2. When this didn't work, I tried uninstalling cuteTube-QML, then installing 1.3.3 directly. This required installing first 2 packages (qt4-homescreen-loader and mcsp). This didn't work either, so I uninstalled cuteTube-QML again, uninstalled those packages, and again installed 1.3.2 from extras-testing, and attempted to update to 1.3.3. Again, it didn't work and I can reproduce this issue.

If it makes any difference, I'm running CSSU-Thumb and KP52 on one of the N900s, and the other one is just running stock PR1.3.1, although it has quite a few packages from extras-testing and extras-devel.

Thanks to marxian for a great application, it truly is one of the most useful apps on the N900 for entertainment!

Last edited by malfunctioning; 2013-04-25 at 06:33.

Posts: 566 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Lower Saxony
@stickymick

YouTube

I just noticed that I am in the wrong thread. I use the other cutetube. lol

Tags
cutetube, marxian = god, marxian legend, son of a gun, son of douche, son of fail, son of god, youtube