Poll: KDE POLL?
Poll Options
KDE POLL?

I'm really really interested. Having full application like konqueror, amarok, kedit, .... It's a dream.

If we can have all them installable using apt from a repository, it could be incredible.

Nice work!!!

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
My personal favorites are the things you can do with Konquerer, smb/fish specifically. I can browse remote windows and linux systems. I enjoy the multiple desktops. I like the fact the panel is so configurable. I like the fact that I can run multiple full screen apps at the same time. I like the fact I can have different backgrounds on each desktop. I like that all my (hardware) buttons can be configured differently for each app. I love kpager, always thought it was the best pager, I wish it integrated into the panel.

Originally Posted by keyrn1808 View Post
I'm really really interested. Having full application like konqueror, amarok, kedit, .... It's a dream.

If we can have all them installable using apt from a repository, it could be incredible.

Nice work!!!
Konqueror and Kedit is already available if your running KDE

I agree about the repo, I really want to see a project come out of all this

Is this poll dead? I know there any many more people using KDE?

Please, release a .deb for all your window alternatives, as I'm not very used to linux, and I will try them as I think they will be a better way to use my "OLD" N770.
Also, I know that you have a N800, but please release things for n770 and I will try all of them and report.

Thanks

I have always been willing to support the 770, but I can not test. If anyone can tell me changes to make, I would, but I have not heard anything. I believe openbox/ROX runs on n770, but needs 2007OS. I have not heard about KDE.

DEBS

Even if I made a deb package, you will still need to do the job of partitioning things to make it available for install. At that point dpkg -i or tar -jxvf, I am not seeing a huge benefit to the deb. Also people would not read, then they would intstall and mess up thier systems. Better to read up front, to find out whats needed to install.

I would love to see a deb with an alternate WM, I may even post one in the future, Afterstep and WM are good candidates for being small enough to run from flash. Alternately I would like to see Nokia provide KDE

Posts: 919 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ /dev/null
I agree with penguinbait there is no real benefit of having a deb... It would just cause head aches...

A deb would be pretty close to useless.

I would say a tarball and shellscript that does all of the work for you --- given a clean MMC card to work with --- would be quite effective in getting more to try it out.

Ok, I see that a tarball and an automated script will be better than a deb.
This would be OK.
And yes, I would like to have an alternative window manager, and It could be interesting to put it in a Flash image .
Good job