Notices

Posts: 132 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on May 2011 @ sudan
ok folks ,, do you heard about the online MMO game of the pokemon ?

here it's PokeMMO ,, it running well on my PC ! windows and linux ,, so i said what if could be running on my n900 ! ,, so i goes to java thread and download+install it on my n900 , it run well , i copied the game folder with ROM on it then tried to play it with the .sh file ! it goes into a lot of processing and the phone restarted then i had to flash it again to open the phone !!

i don't know what goes wrong ! but i think it must run well on the n900 !

could you see what goes wrong with me ? and if there is any possibility to run this game on the n900 ??

sorry for my bad english

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Poland
I don't have almost any knowledge in java but "./lib/native" directory looks like directory with compiled(definitely not for ARM) OS specific libraries.

I haven't heard about this game. It really looks great!

After a short search I found that some of the main issues with running this game on the n900 are (that I can think of right now):
** Java is not exactly light or fast as c++ for example so there may be a problem performance wise resulting in low frame rate.
** Some of the game forum members (not me! as I haven't played it) mentioned that the game requires sometimes more than 400 mb (and even 600 mb) of ram, but the n900 may be able to overcome this by using the ~760 mb of the swap (if it can be used that way, I really don't know and feel free to correct me).
** The game requires OpenGL support, yet the n900 only support OpenGL ES 1.0 and 2.0, it may work with some kind of a wrapper (I have read about a TMO member who tried to write that kind of a wrapper but I don't know if it's still alive).

I would love to see it on the n900, but I think that the chances are pretty low...

Last edited by aStrike; 2012-10-08 at 20:13.

The Following User Says Thank You to aStrike For This Useful Post:
Posts: 132 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on May 2011 @ sudan
@3clch4pawlakov ,,
i think the game wasn't made to run at ARMs !! so what do we need to make it work on the n900 !! any suggestions ??

@aStrike ,,
that what i thought about when the game crushed ,, i said that might be a RAM issue , i currently want to know if there is any chance to port or do anything to make it work on the n900 , and what the things i do need to do to start working on it ! ( am really a very starter on the programming thing ) so i need some way leading to start "thinking" like a programmer ! you can think about this like a lesson or a training on my programming skills !!
about the swap on the n900 ,, it may be too good for the game to work (did it ? ) ,,

thanks for your attention
sorry for my bad English

I am a beginner myself and I have zero experience in porting so I don't know how helpful I can be. I do know C++ and OpenGL ES 1.0 and 2.0. I know a little about java, but I am willing to assist as much as I can.
Does the game yield a debug file, a log file or something simailar so that we can see where it's having problems? If you find one please post it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aStrike For This Useful Post: