I turned my phone off, and when I turned it on all my messages were missing and all of my contacts. And I tried to get my contacts back by syncing them to Nokia, but I doesn't work...

The last thing I was doing was tagging people in gallery, had been tagging like 100 pics, and now every tag is gone

Anyone experienced the same? Or does someone know how to get them back?

I can't even add new contacts by adding new manually...

Originally Posted by willybr View Post
I turned my phone off, and when I turned it on all my messages were missing and all of my contacts. And I tried to get my contacts back by syncing them to Nokia, but I doesn't work...

The last thing I was doing was tagging people in gallery, had been tagging like 100 pics, and now every tag is gone

Anyone experienced the same? Or does someone know how to get them back?
relevant files are /home/user/.cache/tracker/meta.db and meta.db-wal.

first, back up everything in /home/user/.cache/tracker. then try removing meta.db-wal, and rebooting.

Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
I experienced that kind of situation once. I rebooted the phone and everything was back.

Probably best to do as little as possible with the phone when it's at that kind of state.

Originally Posted by wolke View Post
relevant files are /home/user/.cache/tracker/meta.db and meta.db-wal.

first, back up everything in /home/user/.cache/tracker. then try removing meta.db-wal, and rebooting.
I checked it out, but the tracker folder was empty...

Happens to me occasionally, reset always works. Post PR1.2 this has been happening, never happened pre 1.2 though. Kind of annoying, yes.

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
I also lost all my contacts, messages and call log today after turning off and back on my phone. Restarting it didn't bring contacts back. Where is contacts DB located so I can check if any entries there?

Originally Posted by zlatko View Post
I also lost all my contacts, messages and call log today after turning off and back on my phone. Restarting it didn't bring contacts back. Where is contacts DB located so I can check if any entries there?
If I remember correctly it is somewhere in /home/user/.cache/tracker/

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
@glyph.se
Thanks! I already restored my contacts from less than a month ago. So only several lost. But messages are all gone. I doubt actual DB is there, but will have a look.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Does the backup on the phone save your contacts?