Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
72 hours may be applicable in Gerbickland but, as I said before, it can take well over a week to transfer money to places like Russia. I know, I have done it before. Dave received his notification on 17th. A week from then will be tomorrow. Contacting PayPal can never hurt but I would not start panicking before Friday.

About 99 or 100%: PayPal charges for receiving money but in the case of refunds. So our little Davey should be OK.
I said inquire. It's not about Gerbickland or whatever flights of fancy you lot may wish to subscribe to; there's absolutely no harm in asking the place with the pending money "How long will it take?" and get a definite answer as opposed to not knowing and/or asking.

If they do not know, then wait. If they do know, then you'll know. If you don't ask, you'll never know until it's final. And in my book, that last option is not an option in my book.

Meanwhile, my refund went from submission to in my account in under 72 hours.

So Dave's issue is not my issue. Good luck to him; I don't need it on this first half. Let's see how this second half refund pans out.

And luck isn't required for that. Faith is... and I have none.

Dave999's got his refund and I haven't got mine?

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Sorry, by Gerbickland I was not insinuating anything nefarious. Merely the locale where gerbick lives. My experience with handling Neo900 payments from Russia back in the day was:

1. They sent me the money. It arrived in my PayPal account within 2-3 hours.
2. I paid Neo in Euros using my credit card.
3. I waited until that transaction showed up on my credit card bill in Sterling.
4. I issued a partial refund in PayPal to the original payer for the difference.

While step 1 usually took just a couple of hours, step 4 never took less than a week. Only God and PayPal know why.

We are in an agreement, asking PayPal won't hurt.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Splendid! We have an agreement!

Either way. What about all of the ones without refund. That is what is important now. Jolla said first part should be completed in May...and may is soon gone.

Maybe they meant June

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Sorry, by Gerbickland I was not insinuating anything nefarious...
Naw, didn't even take it like that. Sorta upset that you guys think I have my own country whereas I'm just a pauper.

Perhaps I should start designing my own flag though...

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post

Intel seems to have gotten out of the mobile sector almost fully so x86 on these things seems unlikely until the m-series goes low energy enough to stop being a netbook level (ex. Intel m3-6Y30) - read: not likely for quite some time.
Its so fun with Intel they have said this since Nokia era still they can't deliver.

It will never happen.

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
My experience with handling Neo900 payments from Russia back in the day was:
How do you know Dave999 is from Russia? Is he related to Putin? Or more of a lineage derived from the Romanovs?

i feel like ive been scammed by Dave999. I've spent a lot of time reading the word scammed, can I have a refund for the time spent.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by m4r0v3r View Post
i feel like ive been scammed by Dave999. I've spent a lot of time reading the word scammed, can I have a refund for the time spent.
I can't blame you
. My posts are usually pure quality until you actually read them. But they are not worse than others in this thread, even if some might think their post brings something to the table. Guys, step back and think why you are here.

I will refund the time, and extend your life in 400 parts depending on my ability to do that later next year.

But as first down payment: workout, walk or just move around in a random pattern for 10 minutes more than today and we should be pretty even.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2016-05-24 at 05:19.

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
I can't blame you
. My posts are usually pure quality until you actually read them. But they are not worse than others in this thread, even if some might think their post brings something to the table. Guys, step back and think why you are here.

I will refund the time, and extend your life in 400 parts depending on my ability to do that later next year.

But as first down payment: workout, walk or just move around in a random pattern for 10 minutes more than today and we should be pretty even.
am here because I've had enough of smashing my head against aarch64 for a day :P

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund