Poll: Did This work for you
Poll Options
Did This work for you

O.O, my battery lasts a full day with constant use in fact got up, started using the device at 6:35am and came off at 8:40pm just now to charge it. I'll list a few points as to how my battery lasted so long, cause I purposely monitored myself.

1) My device is always on 2.5G

2) Wifi set to always ask first.

3) Downloaded about 6-10 apps each ranging from 54kb-8mbs

4) Browsed the net a little about 10mins

5) Did a lot of gaming using prboom, vgba, picodrive and snes.

6) The only daemon I have installed is extended locker by qwerty12.

7) Made about 2 sms texts.

8) Brightness always set to one.

9) Listened 2 mp3's alot.

10) Spent a long time in xterm tryna do some hacking.

Using the default mp3 player widget whilst having my screen locked (using the side switch), and using headphones seemingly makes my battery last forever. Seriously @_@, my battery was very low (red zone) just now, I did the above and it lasted a little more than an hr before I got tired of it and put it to charge.

Of course then I was using qwerty 12's extended locker to save battery life and avoid reviving the screen.

Edit: Also I keep no more than 2 applications open at one time.

Last edited by SavageD; 2010-08-13 at 01:23.

Posts: 306 | Thanked: 350 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Sydney
Last week I flown from Lisbon to London then to Sydney.

My battery lasted the whole journey listening to music, playing Angry Birds and watching a few TV episodes.
I had to because all the movies and TV shows on the British Airways in flight entertainment system were the same as 3 weeks before and I already watched what I wanted the first time around

Of course it was in Offline mode during the flights, but this included 8h between flights in London and the phone was fully online during that time with a few calls, sms and internet browsing.

So, it was a +30h journey and the battery was still at 10% or something when I walked in my house in Sydney.

My point is, some of you probably have stuff running all the time in the background that is wasting a lot of power.

Last edited by H3llb0und; 2010-08-13 at 01:44.

I have the brightness set to 3/5, I listen to music and play excessive amounts of solitaire and angry birds. I make calls, and text. I get roughly 1.5 days worth before it dies.

Angry Birds/Solitaire = 3~5 hours a day.
~45min to 1 hour of calls a day
~15 texts a day
Web Browsing over 3.5g and or 2.5g (mostly 3.5g) ~1 hour a day

Posts: 58 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ NJ, USA
I get 24 hrs with humanly usage and around 14 hrs on days i go crazy.

Here is what i did... How to get most out of your N900 battery?.
I used help of Battery Graph for this analysis and looks like working.

The Following User Says Thank You to must4get For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
No!No!No!Yes!'s N900 Hard Sleep Mode helps a lot. The battery could last for more than a day if you're not going to watch movie or browse web.

I tweaked the original script to include some notifications and underclocking as well. I could show you if you like.

The Following User Says Thank You to 9000 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by pollyjar View Post
Sounds to dodgy whilst phone under warranty. Whats the risk?
Well.. the risk is that you lose your warranty. I not seen anyone loose it though. And overclocking have been possible for a couple of months now.

Originally Posted by pollyjar View Post
Thanks for your comments.

Sorry for my ignorance, how do I close browser?
Regards
The webbrower.. the one you use to watch homepages from the internet. Don't leave it on when you don't need it.

The Following User Says Thank You to AlMehdi For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Spotfist View Post
using cpufreq you can change the freq down to 250mhz without overclocking but I never really noticed a difference... Im sure it all comes down to peoples location to the centre of the cell they are in, bad reception leads to a big power loss.
The problem with cpufreq and stock kernel is that you can't do under voltage. So in that case maybe the best would be to use titans kernel afterall. The gain of battery charge is pretty big.

The Following User Says Thank You to AlMehdi For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Psymastr View Post
I have the brightness set to 3/5, I listen to music and play excessive amounts of solitaire and angry birds. I make calls, and text. I get roughly 1.5 days worth before it dies.

Angry Birds/Solitaire = 3~5 hours a day.
~45min to 1 hour of calls a day
~15 texts a day
Web Browsing over 3.5g and or 2.5g (mostly 3.5g) ~1 hour a day
HI
Thanks for your response, l really dont see how you get the battery life, but will keep trying .
regards