newsbot | Posts: 94 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jul 2005
Nokia was kind enough to send a pic of the fullscreen finger keybaord
(thumb board) that is one of the enhancements in the [LINK:
/content/view/176/2/] Internet Tablet 2006 OS. From the looks of it, it
may prove quite functional. There`s no word yet on how it can be invoked
and if it would work with all the applications....
Read the full article.

Posts: 428 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Washington DC
I like it, good thing I got a brando screen protector

Posts: 12 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on May 2006 @ Argentina
Is the size of that keyboard enough for all the keys?

http://digitalen.blogspot.com

I sure hope it has a CTRL key.

Looks nice. Smaller than I expected though.

Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Just a thought. You know those rubber fingertip covers they have for secretaries, etc? Slipping those over your thumbs would prevent the screen from getting too nasty.

It'd still get nasty, but not too nasty.

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 737 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Helsinki
Hey, I've been using it with my fingers for all the time I've had it. The included pen is just too awful to use. The screen's easy to wipe if you have too many fingerprints in it. You can easily use your shirt if needed. No sweat. This is an everyday device, not a freaking crown jewel. It's supposed to be used. In 2007 everyone of you will be buying the next device anyway.

Originally Posted by konttori
Hey, I've been using it with my fingers for all the time I've had it. The included pen is just too awful to use. The screen's easy to wipe if you have too many fingerprints in it. You can easily use your shirt if needed. No sweat. This is an everyday device, not a freaking crown jewel. It's supposed to be used. In 2007 everyone of you will be buying the next device anyway.

hahahaha!
(I agree!)

-unnecessary bump-

DCarter

I use my fingers on it too (I have a screen protector though) and often wish some of the buttons and controls were just a little bigger. I stopped worrying about the outside of the thing and getting a case or using the soft case Nokia provide. With the hard cover it is more than robust enough to go straight into a jacket pocket and have sitting about on my desk. It doesn't get all scratched up like a iPod would say. As Konttori says it is more than robust as an everyday device. Out of all the gadgets I have I do use the 770 more than everything except maybe my main PC at home.

Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I use the back of my pinky nail for playing soduku on transit... otherwise I don't think my fingers would get much of a response from the screen given that when I touch it 10% of it's in contact with my fat assed finger