Active Topics

How Do I Add ".com" To My Keyboard Layout?

Originally Posted by iTab View Post
How Do I Add ".com" To My Keyboard Layout?
LOL! What a cute guy. Happy New Year!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to amigokin For This Useful Post:
What the hell does that mean? If you don't know - don't answer.

Posts: 480 | Thanked: 378 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Chicago-ish
Ummm... you don't? ".com" isn't a letter. You can, however, add a shortcut for handwriting. See http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ad.php?t=20997

Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
I know in Windows you can run a script to capture a key (say the eruo sign), and print .com. I am sure you can do the same on Linux...

www.ezschool.com - The best online educational experience.

Posts: 166 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Hampshire, UK
I think the OP means like pressing Ctrl + Enter in Windows........? At least thats how its done in windows.

For example, type "ebay" into internet explorer and hold down the Ctrl key while hitting return/enter and "ebay" is automatically changed to "http://www.ebay.com/"

Last edited by kudos1uk; 2009-01-02 at 08:50.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Last time I checked, if you entered just 'ebay' into the MicroB web browser, it just automatically tacks on www in front and .com at the end and goes to http://www.ebay.com.

I'm not sure why you would want .com in the keyboard screen but the need for a .com button or a .com macro sounds more like a function of application, than keyboard app.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 251 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Houston, Texas
In the handwriting recognition it is easy to add shortcuts.

I use a long right-hand loop to do "www."
and I use a plus sign with the left spoke connected to the bottom spoke to mean ".com".

I am not aware of any way to put a shortcut on the emulated keyboard screen though.

There are a number of "spare" spots where you could conceivably put them on the symbols portion of the emulated keyboard (2-symbols tab, 5-Accents a-m tab, 10-Accents n-z tab).

Last edited by rdcinhou; 2009-01-02 at 17:05.

I can add to the Symbols portion of the keyboard?

Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
iTab, why do you need .com? As danramos says above, the browser automatically adds www and .com to a name.

And I'm pretty sure the keyboard is closed source, so you would need some really good hacking skillz to modify it, and .com is not a letter, so I don't know how you are going to add it. If you want to do the weird macro way I suggested, I'm pretty sure that is your only option. Aka when the £ key is presses, it types .com

www.ezschool.com - The best online educational experience.

Tags
keyboard, layout, n800