Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 220 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Surrey, UK
Originally Posted by bockersjv View Post
I forgive your "think" I think

You can flash the emmc to the latest version. The Emmc version is called vanilla because because it goes with all the various firmwares.
If I flash the emmc to this vanilla flavour - will I lose my t-mobile settings for phone and internet etc,?
There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death. Proverbs 14:12

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ USA
make sure you create a fresh backkup before you flash.

flash the pr1.2 file first WITHOUT the "-R" at the end of the code (prevents it from rebooting)

then flash the vanilla file to it.

the whole process takes less then five minutes.

then restore from the fresh back-up you made.

the back up will have all your settings, etc in it.

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 220 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Surrey, UK
I am confused by the line of code I need to run. I don't want to flash the emmc so what is the line of code to run the firmware? Am looking at the documentation but am a little confused...
There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death. Proverbs 14:12

i got a little problem my Sygic installed into the /opt/ and i dont have anything in MyDocs to edit after following the stages the sygic program is gone all together from menu

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Vulcan
Weedalot,

The drive maps and res directories must be copied manualy by you to the MyDocs directory, together to the deb file.

Last edited by Trek1701; 2010-05-29 at 04:04.

how do i do it? i would appreciate some help a noobie here sorry.
edit: i can run sygic maps through the Xterminal by launching Drive file inside the OPT but it is gone from menu and shortcuts.. can i restore it?

please help

thanks.

edit: i installed it from the Ovi store.. i shouldn't have?

Last edited by Weedalot; 2010-05-29 at 04:01.

When you downloaded the files from Sygic site you have the deb file used to install Sygic and more three folders: drive, maps, Res.
Mount N900 usb on yous pc, copy the deb file plus the three folders to N900 MyDocs dirctory, unmount it and install the deb. Do the licensing process and you should be ready to use Sygic.

Posts: 195 | Thanked: 102 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Vancouver, Canada
is there any way to NOT stop the music playing when voice-directions are given??

this is really annoying when i'm using FM Transmitter and music stops when directions are given. never had this problem with Garmin XT Mobile on my N82. there must be a way to let the music continue

Thank you.. i will try it right away.. although i do have a question (do i need to uninstall this one and remove all trace?)

*Probably* you don't need to. Just copy the three folders and test it. If it doesn't work, then remove it and begin from the start again.