Notices

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
I can now confirm that receiving extended emoticons sent from a Lumia device works on Jolla device.
Even as it cannot display the emoticons correctly, it will not slently discard the SMS.

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 649 | Thanked: 762 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Ohio
Originally Posted by MFaroTusino View Post
AHOY!

Sorry for my absence from TMO - between my studies and various other endeavours, I have had time away from this amazing community.

I am back though, and as of Nov 22, I am off Uni for 3 months. This means I will not only FINISH Harmoji with full iOS6/7 Support, and FIX the ability to send Emoji in SMS, but I will try to fix the bug that sees SMS containing emoji not received by the N9. It will take a lot of work, and I don't guarantee that I can solve every issue, but I WILL try to do the best that I can.

Once I get everything done and set up, I will also fully open source it, as well as support any efforts made by another to extend my work.

-Michael
How is this coming along?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imaginaryenemy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 637 | Thanked: 445 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Kaliningrad, Russia
I have the same question

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Not too good sadly
Attached Images

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Well, that Twit brought up attention to this issue once more, a good suggestion from MFaroTusino. We can try to look into how Jolla handles this and work our way to a (hopefully) working daempn/wrapper/replacement.
At least as MFaroTusino suggested to me, try to get a notification that such a message was recieved with info on sender

Last edited by nieldk; 2014-08-15 at 19:25.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Hi,

Just to confirm that I don't receive any SMS with smileys from winphone 8 (at least 2 persons who have lumia)
Just handle this problem yesterday ...

Don't know how to help ...